Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buy a dozer or a new mini Excavator

Foothills88 · 2019-10-20 09:17

Ok y’all, I have the chance to buy a old 1984 450D dozer with pedal steer for 8k-9k it’s in good condition or do I save the money to put towards a brand new YANMAR ViO50 mini Excavator with a cab spring summer 2020 to replace my Takeuchi tb135. The excavator I use 80 -90 percent of the time and is the bread and butter for my business. The dozer I would uses here and there on finish grade work and some land clearing. I’m torn because it’s not every day u find a deal lik this. Let’s here some thoughts !!!!

Replies2
  1. #1AzIron2019-10-20 12:34

    If you buy the dozer will you start taking work that you didn't before because you didn't have a dozer Does your current mini need replaced because its worn out or do you just want something newer for reliability

  2. #2Akmc52019-10-20 17:37

    Dozer.