have a JD 330 clc , looking to buya 72 inch ditching bucket, which brand company would you buy, is a 72 inch bucket to big or to small?
What are you mainly going to use it for ,pipe ,loading road trucks, site trucks, bailing to the side.
Digging and cleaning ditches
I think 72" is a fine compromise between digging and cleaning. You could go bigger if you're only cleaning, and never digging solid soil with it. I've used a 42" muck bucket on a tractor loader backhoe, and saw a 50"+ one on a 750 Ford backhoe the other day. They were none to big, and you'd have a LOT more machine. on second thought, after a search, the JD brochure mentions capacities with a 54" heavy duty bucket, so a 72" ditching bucket is going to be either heavier duty, or narrower than what I'm thinking of for cleaning ditches. Of course, the wider you go, the more careful the operator has to be not to twist the boom, so again, 72" might be a good compromise.
Good day You may find the attached of interest. Kind regards Uffex