Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying another truck. Need advice

GFMotorsports ยท 2013-07-24 23:12

Looking for a plow truck with central hydro. Found a 95 f800 with 80k on it with 5.9 cummins and 5+2 trans. Took for a drive and shifts beautiful compared to my old IH. However has a vibration at low rpm above idle but goes away quick. Can feel it in stick so thinking cracked flywheel maybe? Is this a good set up for pulling around 15k and mainly plowing and salting? Opinions on if 5.9 is enough engine, I love them and have a 3500 ram that runs like a top so I'm in favor. Everyone thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042013-07-24 23:51

    Sure doesn't seem like much for an f800, but I can't say for sure.

  2. #2Dualie2013-07-25 03:54

    i personally have started to hate 5+2 setups

  3. #3GFMotorsports2013-08-11 07:33

    I bought the truck and have come to realize the transmission is fairly new installed in 2004 and its a eaton fs5205b. Does anyone know if this trans can handle the usually 12v ISB upgrades? Also looking for a upgraded clutch but can't seem to find anything just searching with the trans number.

  4. #4Dualie2013-08-12 00:26

    same trans in my boom truck, Handles the 27,000Lb empty weight just fine. Clutch is constantly neededing adjustment, but i run mainly stop and go with a TON of hill starts and other bad news.