I am looking at buying a smaller crusher setup. the one I'm currently interested in is a 20x36 pioneer jaw with a 14x4 triple deck and a triple roll. I'm thinking that in the future once the rolls wear out I'll cut them out and replace with a 3' cone. We are not a huge company and will probably start with crushing 20-30,000 ton a year and hopefully grow from there. Our main market is armour stone and we will be trying to save everything that is over 12" for that. Is a crusher like this too small to be profitable? The ease of moving around to other pits is attractive.
Are you going to have enough -12" to even justify the cost of changing out the secondary crusher. What size will the majority of the undersize be. I don't know about a cone. I used them a lot, but only for making smaller material, out of material that was already somewhat small. I am thinking you could just live with the roll crusher, or change it out to a small impact, if justified. I like a little compact crushing spread and have run several. I do not know how many tons the plant you are looking at is rated for. That is something you need to research. In my opinion, crushing to yield big sized product, is pretty hard to any plant. Jeff
I worked a mom-and-pop like that at Cowlitz Falls for the concrete plant. We had nowhere near that tonnage, but we were looking for concrete spec rock and sand.
I may have worded my description a bit vague, I'll be blasting about 40,000 tonne a year and picking out the large rocks >12" which will leave me with at least 20,000 tonne of crushable material. I'd like to crush 3" minus, 3/4" minus and also a bit of clear stone and sand depending on demand.
We had an old Cedar Rapids 544. You could move in and be crushing in an hour. They tell me the current spread, although it would bury the old 544, takes 3 days and costs over $7000 to move. I would keep building the rolls up as long as you can.
I just did a ton of research on this and got many quotes for new set ups. What is your price range?