I am fixing up a JD 410 and have set up an online account with my local dealer. The prices quoted (retail) seem real high, Do JD dealers offer discounts for commercial accounts? If so, what is typical. Thanks in advance for your help.
all the JD parts I have bought seem to be real high Volvo alternator $350. same at JD $1200 -$1500 :idontgetit
I had the same problem when I had my 410. The muffler was nearly $300, other machines less than $100.
I understand the parts are expensive and went in knowing that. I am wondering if anyone has experience getting a "commercial discount" for and account set up as a business and if so what was the discount %.
I have had an account for 20 years with local JD dealer every time I ask the parts man about it I get I have got a few discounts from the boss man but I get tired of asking. I put between 2500 - 3200 HRS a year on a 724J that has 16000 HRS on that I am getting ready upgrade I guess have to fix $$$ parts problem by going some where else.
clintm, what Deere machine uses a $1200.00- $1500.00 alternator? Prices are high no matter what make and model and Deere prices may be a bit higher but that sounds ridiculous.
So from the responses so far it doesn't seem like JD offers any discounts off of retail for parts. Is this the same with Cat, Case, etc?
I use the JD parts website to find out the Deere part number I need. Then I google that part number and can usually beat their price. It's not a sure thing however.
724j
Why did you have to purchase an alternator ? Was the alternator stolen ? I would think a rebuild-er could have repaired it for less than half that.
that's what I done was had it I rebuild .it was my main line loading machine was checking dealer price and aval. so it was not down for a couple HRS but @ that price I had it rebuild and then the next week my 360B Volvo started acting up and had field mech. come out to hook up laptop alternator was marginal so computer would not diag. run to Volvo to get alter (he was on my $$) when I got looking and checking it was same as on 724J that's when I really started comparing prices