I am not sure if I am posting on the right place, I hope I do. I wonder which web site lists/ads do you use when buying or selling equipment(ag, const...any)? Which one is the best? What do you like about it, and what you don't?
I go for easy. I start with Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. They are free and local. I have used Ebay for buying, although I don't always complete the transactions through Ebay. Ebay listing fees seem really high, but I don't really have anything to compare it to.
I have purchased 6-8 things from different places. Auction time, purple wave, Iron Planet, Bigiron. They all seam to work pretty good. I haven't had any problems with any of them..
I wish the places had stuff more set up so you didnt have to spend so much time looking throw every thing.
What do you guys think of machinery trader? Any good? Wonder how much they charge for an add? Could find any information on web site.
Machinery Trader is my go to for retail or above retail pricing on used equipment. I have never bought equipment off MT but I have sold several pieces. Back in '08-09 crash I sold a D6R XW to a farmer in Iowa, 321CLCR to a dealer in New York and a 725 6x6, can't remember where the 725 went.
Kijiji is the biggest one for me. But it's only a Canadian site. Nice that it's free and so many people use it. Searched Ironplanet on numerous occasions when looking for something, maybe it's just my location but never anything on there don't even waste my time anymore.
Machinery Trader is always my quick and dirty for market research. Great spread on the markets, easy access to information. I check lots of other sites but usually find duplicates to what is already up on Machinery Trader. From time to time I'll also check Rock and Dirt, Mascus, Trader on Line and Iron Planet and My Little Salesman as well. Machinery Trader is also tied to Truck Paper and Tractor House.
Awesome guys! Thanks for your feedback! Any other who want to give their point of view are welcome
Machinery trader has always been reliable for me as well.
Do you guys find machinery trader hard to navigate?
Use ebay. Gets lot of exposure. Most things on machinery trader are over priced.
Machinery Trader is probably the easiest of all the data base web sites I've used. I've found the format far easier that Rock and Dirt and Mascus. It's the best site for checking the three categories at the same time, For Sale, Auction Results and Rentals.
Had my Allis on MT for less than a week and had a call. Tire Kicker but he came back and is arriving here today, less than three weeks advertised.