Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

buzzer sounds

michel ยท 2011-08-23 11:06

On a PC400-6, when I start the engine after 1 min the buzzer sounds for 10s and then it stops automatically and if I use the buzzer cancellation when it sounds it doesn't stop so the only way is to wait 10s , and by the way there are no warning lights or error on the monitor. If someone has encounter such problem and find out a solution any help will be appreciated. Thanks Michel

Replies4
  1. #1alco2011-08-23 12:01

    I'm not sure about what the issue may be, but I think the buzzer cancellation you are referring to is actually the travel alarm cancellation, so it wouldn't shut off a warning buzzer in the cab.

  2. #2michel2011-08-23 13:38

    No Alco, it is not the travel alarm. It is the buzzer that sounds when an error occurs and the corresponding code is displayed on the monitor, but in the thread I am talking about above there is no error code on the monitor that's why I found it a liitle bit wierd.

  3. #3jey_c2011-08-28 08:53

    Check the sub-tank cooling water electric wire

  4. #4alco2011-08-28 12:00

    I'm not saying the buzzer is the travel alarm. I'm saying I think the buzzer cancellation button you are pushing to silence the buzzer is in fact to silence the travel alarm. If that's the case, it would explain why it does not silence the in cab warning buzzer. There should not be a button to silence the in cab buzzers.