Yair . . . I visited a bloke recently and found him gouging and welding cracks and plating the "C" frame of an old 65 Komatsu. He was really into it and reckoned it had been cracked for years and with 1/2" plates top and bottom he was going to fix the b*****d this time. As diplomatically as I could I suggested that probably it would crack again as I believe a "C" frame has to flex with the up and down movement of the track frames and he was making it too stiff. He wouldn't have it. I have run the flex theory (which I have always thought was obvious) past a few folks and they reckon they have never really considered it. One bloke did say no amount of plating cured a cracking problem on a particular 8H. I may have mentioned this on here before but I forget the out come . . . any comments? Cheers.
No replies yet.