Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

c15 cat

viktor ยท 2021-05-06 13:24

hi I wonder if someone has the torque specs on 2006 d8t cat c15 rocker shaft specs.kpz01156

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-05-06 14:02

    I think this is what you're looking for. I hope that you discarded the old bolts and fitted new ones. The spec is "torque-to-yield" Or, let me guess, a rocker shaft bolt broke..?

  2. #2viktor2021-05-06 14:08

    hi no I changed the injector sleeve and injector o rings.but thank you very much for the help

  3. #3Nige2021-05-06 14:15

    DO NOT under any circumstances re-use the bolts that you removed. Throw them away and fit new ones. Your engine was originally built with the former bolt Part Number that had a washer under the head, although they may have been replaced at some point in time since then. You cannot use the torquing procedure in the article I posted above for the former bolts. It only applies to the new Part Number of 12-point head bolt with the integral washer in the head. 4 new bolts @ US$15 each could potentially save you from some catastrophic damage up top.

  4. #4viktor2021-05-06 14:36

    yes my bolts the are 12 point head with wsher integral.

  5. #5Nige2021-05-06 14:42

    OK, so they have been changed before at some point. Not surprising in 15 years I suppose. However those 4 bolts are still "one use and throw away" because of the way they are torqued. Reusing them is running the risk of one or more of them breaking.