Just wondering if any one else has experienced problems with timing cases cracking on a cat c15 engine these one have been fitted in 740b dump tucks
Got any photos and maybe an engine S/N..?
Haven't got it back to the yard to strip out yet just waiting on transport but the new case t Has arrived today appears to be cast steel and the old one if definitely cast ally wondered if it had been a common fault Will try and post some pics when I get it stripped
What's the Part Number on the new case..? The 159-7190 Cover was replaced by 209-3569 in June 2001. When you get the case off take a good look at the condition of the 8 x self-locking bolts holding the plate that keeps the balance weights in the camshaft gear. I've seen them back out before and they wear the case and eventually crack it from the inside.
Thanks for the advise will have a good look when it's back from Site hopefully have it fully stripped tomorrow
Small update the timing case is now stripped out found the large ally casting that mounts the alternator and aircon unit has been loose at some point during its life which has cracked its mounting points will up load some pics when I can master my new phone it has taken nearly all week to strip it mainly due to trying to keep 3 scrapers running
I have seen/heard of one or two but I don't recall where the cracks were.
I have changed out several on trucks that had a twin cylinder air compressor mounted on them. they didn't have the rear support mount installed so it causes too much strain on the front mount stud that crack the gear cover. once the rear mount is in they have no issue.