Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C232 skid steer lack of power

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2021-10-03 17:08

Hi everyone, I have a 2011 C232 that I purchased about 4 months ago and it seems to have a lack of power. When going in the bank of gravel the engine bogs. I have a bobcat 250 which is a wheeled machine but will outperform the c232. Im just checking to see if I’m missing something. Now I have changed all filters and fluids in this machine. It also used engine oil which I determined was the crankshaft seal which was changed. Now the turbo line has a small oil leak which I am awaiting parts. When the machine is switched to two speed, the engine really struggles if not on flat ground. I also noticed that I have some white/blue smoke when the machine forces. The machine runs excellent other than that. Machine starts up great every time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1skata2021-10-03 17:43

    Hmm. How many hours on it? Have you pulled the oil cap off to check for blow-by?

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2021-10-04 00:28

    Sorry, I have 1850 hours on the machine and yes I did remove the oil cap and there is very minimal if any. Turbo is turning so Idk what else to check.

  3. #3KSSS2021-10-05 22:33

    That is not normal for that machine. My guess is the turbo, it may be spinning but it might not be making boost.

  4. #4skata2021-10-06 02:19

    You check to make sure no intake pipe came loose, and losing turbo boost?