Would anyone have access to share the uprate ability chart for a C7 Serial WAX 31781
Adept ape on you tube made a vid on that fairly recently on 3126 bit i think he charted the c7 also not sure check it out. Your local cat house should be able to give you that info pretty easy also.
I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. These days it's becoming more and more difficult to find info even for experienced people, and there are less & less of them in dealer stores every day. SISweb ain't what it used to be. Simon, what information were you looking for exactly..?
I'm wondering if any of my stock main components can be retained for any remap. I know from studying it for my 3126 8YL the injectors, for example (from memory) are used on three of the top output maps. If I can remap my C7 WAX for a little more without having to replace other components I would do it. If it involves additional replacement parts it's not worth it. It's current output is a rather lowly 210 HP. I'm not looking for 300 plus but a little more would be nice.
So you're looking for something in the region of (say) 240-270 while still retaining as many of the hard parts as possible.? Am I correct.? As I see it your particular engine is rated 210BHP @ 2400 for Freightliner service. For your service truck I assume.?
Yes sir. You are correct.
OK, let me go looking. No idea what will turn up. It may take a while to sift through the vaious options.
Thanks Nige Appreciate your help!
hi Simon, just a quick look at SIS shows many performance spec options I picked one at random that may or not suit I'm sure Nige will be along shortly WAX31781 compared to WAX29651 HP 210@2400 HP250 full load 250HP high idle 2650 turbo 2375271 2692921 camshaft 2124284 same crankshaft 2715658 same block 2633774 same head 3009550 same piston and rod group 16.5:1 ratio piston and rod group 16.5:1 ratio 2105592 2123652 fuel pump 2544357 same injector 2434502 OR (3879430) 2951410 these are numbers with out updates. you might get away with out changing the piston in the piston and rod group they are both good numbers you may also need a damper change as well Mark Sorry the formatting did not come over
Thanks mark Promising so far 240-50 hp would be a nice little raise!
I may have found something. There is a 273-4638 Engine Arrangement for a WAX-prefix C7 listed as 240 BHP @ 2400 RPM for Freightliner service. Between that Engine Arrangement and your existing 258-9208 engine Arrangement the good news is that both of them use the same Core Engine Arrangement - 212-3637. So the cam, rods, pistons, injectors, etc, will all be the same. The turbo is also the same. Either 237-5270 for engines up to S/N WAX01624 or 273-5135 for engines S/N WAX 10625-Up (which would include your engine) The crankshaft damper (as mentioned above by Mark) not part of the Core Engine but is the same anyway - 4P-4453. According to SIS that Damper is good for up to 250 BHP. So on the face of it the difference ought to be only the software Flash File. The existing engine was built with a FF P/N 277-5701 that services to a latest P/N of 300-0449. What I'm battling against right now is I haven't been able to locate a Flash File Part Number yet for the 273-4638 Engine Arrangement.
Nige I could not find a flash file to suit that engine arrangement 240HP@2400 rpm. It may be propriety to freightliner. All I could find were flash files for 230 HP and 250HP 240HP puts the engine into the medium HP range and I think would need an injector change out Mark
The thing is that the fuel injectors are part of the Core Engine Arrgt and that is the same for both Complete engine Arrgts. That implies to me that the injectors do not change and that it would be a case of re-mapping the fuel injection timing/duration to achieve the additional 30 BHP. If I could've found a specific Serial number built to 273-4368 I could've traced the FF from the dyno test. Strangely 273-4638 was the only Freightliner arrangement of 240 BHP @ 2400 RPM Rated Speed. All the others (and there were over 300 of them..!!) were either 210, 300, or 330. I'm going to spread the net a bit wider than just Freightliner options and see what it throws up.
Thanks guys. Really appreciate you looking into this Promising results to start with tho for sure.