I was talking to a retired CAT tech the other day about boosting the horsepower on my C9 D6RIII I could use 20-30 extra ponies. He thought CAT ought to be able to do that for me with a reflash. Anyone know if that's possible. I was figuring I would have to go into the aftermarker. Ken
I know on the truck engine side of things there were different fuel codes they could input based on low power complaints. Also, when customer complained they would often load a "dyno only" set of codes so it would run great and make numbers then reset before customer took it back. Seems like one popular setting was 5757 or similar. Any Cat motors I had always had the good codes in them as well as a few other tricks. I'm sure there are certain codes and parameters that can be set where you pickup a little power and response. Often we'd make adjustments that didn't really make anymore HP it just made the motor more responsive or governer would recover in a different manner giving the feel of more power. Of course some of that was mechanical. I always enjoyed tuning on my old B model.....although punching keys on a computer kept me cleaner!