Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cab Intake Air Filter Solutions on Kenworth W900

still learn'n ยท 2012-04-29 00:21

On my 2005 Kenworth W900 I have problems with the evaporator filling with dust! I have the cheap filter that local Kenworth dealer sells, does anyone have a better solution? I would like to somehow convert it to a regular canister filter like one of our John Deere tractors, but havn't figured out anyway to do it yet any ideas anyone would have would be appreciated! Thanks, Jerry

Replies2
  1. #1DirtHauler2012-05-12 14:48

    if you figure out a system that works, I am interested in seeing what you do. I have thought about something like this several times.

  2. #2Axle2012-05-13 22:09

    What kind of space have you got to work with? Room for a John Deere filter? Wheres the current intake located? what sort material contour around the opening? size of opening? I'm thinking; adapt an automotive intake flat panel filter housing (part of one anyway) and tube, make an adaptor to fit the JD hose size. Just wander the autowreckers looking under hoods until you find what you like. Or fab up a sheet metal "box", seal it to the current intake, and hose leading off to your JD filter out of whatever side if most convenient (back to the autowreckers for some intake tube that has the right shape to adapt your box to hose). Alex.