Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cab Jack for 953

RParr · 2021-03-29 12:06

Greetings all, I have Cat 953 (77y serial) and I need to replace the transmission filter. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a cab jack. It looks to be a simple long ram hydraulic jack. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket jack that would work? Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2021-03-29 13:04

    This is what it looks like if that helps. It appears to be custom-made for the job. Various sellers on Machinery Trader have both the 8G0222 and the updated 3W2617 Part Numbers available for sale.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2021-03-29 15:48

    $900 + dollars from CAT like Nige said go to machinery Trader and type in part number

  3. #3sealark372021-03-30 10:52

    I was in the same fix on my 943. The hydraulic jack is the same item that is sold by Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, and the Surplus center. Price is 50-60$. You will have to improvise the mounting pads on the bottom and top of the cylinder. There are two different base designs available. I bought the flatest one, and sawed off the ears to bolt on the base I welded up. I posted pictures of my jack installation on this forum some(?) years ago. It works a charm. Good Luck

  4. #4RParr2021-03-30 10:57

    Thank you, I appreciate it.

  5. #5kshansen2021-03-30 16:08

    I think this is one like sealark37 is suggesting, there are several other listed. This one is 24 inches closed and 42 1/4 open. I think I would mount it temporarily to do the job then store in shop, might find other uses for it!

  6. #6RParr2021-03-30 17:36

    I didn't see a link if you posted it. Thanks for the info though.

  7. #7Tyler d4c2021-03-30 17:51

    I was dum founded when I saw one in the tool room when I worked at the dealer then the one old guys said you know they didn't all come with one when new

  8. #8showrguy2021-03-30 19:24

    If my 953 has a jack, where should it be ?? Thanks.

  9. #9RParr2021-03-31 08:58

    Right side engine panel.

  10. #10showrguy2021-03-31 10:42

    Thanks. Just walked out and looked, evidently I don’t have one either..

  11. #11kshansen2021-03-31 10:46

    Well I'll try once more: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-heavy-duty-long-ram-hydraulic-jack-36396.html

  12. #12kshansen2021-03-31 10:55

    For those who might not have the operators manual for the 953 operation of the cab jack is shown in the 1,000 hour service section of the service/operators manual:

  13. #13RParr2021-03-31 11:00

    Excellent, thank you.