I'm a new member. Excellent site. Lots of info. I like the old pictures. Anyone have any information on Isaacson scrapers? I recently got a K-S-1200 (Karry-Scraper ?) and am going to convert it to hyd. Its similar in size to a cat 70 but has a 63" ejector stroke and width of cut is 9'. Overall its in nice shape but the rear of the ejector guide is tweaked and requires some straightening. I assume the 1200 refers to the cubic yard capacity. It was probably made in the '40s (just a guess). There's very little information on the web and no pictures that i have found. I will post some pictures of original configuration before i convert it. I also have a D8-46A and a cat #12 (8T series) wristbuster.
56wrench - Isaacson were a large manufacturer of cable operated blades & scrapers going back into the early 1930s. They made a lot of attachments for International Harvester and Cletrac machines The KS-1200 "Karry-Scraper" is a 12 cubic yard struck machine. Isaacson became part of Pullman-Standard in the late 50's and then were sold to the Young Corporation of Washington, who I believe still hold the patent right to the Karry Scraper line. Young were well known for their range of logging attachments in the 1970s & 1980s and supplied equipment to IH/Dresser, Terex and Caterpillar. The KS-1200 is a rare scraper these days as not a great many were manufactured during their entire life span. Be interesting to see some photos before you do the hydraulic conversion.