Hi everyone I am a new member and I would like to ask you to help me if you don´t mind I´m writting my diploma thesis "Comparison of dozer´s performances for selected technologies of soil extraction and technologies of soil transport". Everything was fine till now. I have to create a math formula for calculating maximum digging depth (hmax) according to max traction od dozer D5K - 178 kN. I know only: real volume qskut = 2,58 m3, L1 = 1 m, Ftmax = 178 kN. Please, can somebody help me? Sorry for my English, I´m from Slovakia
Not to throw a wrench into the works but there are other considerations beyond; soil elasticity and type, soil moisture content, organics present, grade of land lay, etc. Your base design for a formula is not poor but lacks a few other inputs. Basic cutting tools for a D5K can range from 2.44m to 3.65m in width so has to be adjusted for blade tool width, angle of contact and cutting edge style either angle dozer(straight blade but angle adustable) or semi-U style as most are designed where the spoil of cut is retained to the blade face. As a small time user of machines and less than capable advanced math can't help much as to the formula. The Slovakia term hit home and brought me to write, I have Czech heritage from Prague, Havelka was the old family.
When you spin the tracks you are done .
Hellou there, thanks for the replies I have some other inputs: blade width 2,786 m, blade cutting grade 45 degrees, wet clay soil ("puffy" density 1660kg.m-3), ascent resistnace -20 N.kN-1, extraction speed 0,5 km.h-1 . The only thing is that my "head of the diploma thesis" wants me to create a math formula how will I calculate the maximum digging depth (hmx on the picture) when the max traction is 178 kN. I already gave him one formula: hmax = Ft/(or*B) where Ft=max traction, or = cutting resistance and B = blade width. But he told me that this formula is not good. I am in the end of my nervs Next thing wich will come after completing the formula for hmax is calculating the distance L2 and afterwards the digging time. But unfortunately withou the "hmax" formula I woun´t be able to continue my work and "THE HEAD" is persom who will not tell me how it should look Picture abb.: qhr,t - extraction loss qskut - real volume of soil qt - extraction volume
thanks for the reply. But I can´t just write this instead of the math formula Believe me, I would like to....but I have to solve a sample with 2 results: cycle time and practical performance.
Practical= real.You sound like you will become a another,non experienced,ex-pert in the making, hope we never meet.
I know for certain there are threads on this site that deal with the same question. You'll have to put in some effort to find it. For sure the math is complex.