Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone help me!

Dillpics ยท 2010-04-04 12:09

First I would like to say thank you to anyone who answers questions on here and/or gives advice because even before I signed up just reading posts on here helped me out a lot. Any way I have some work to do at my farm as in digging stumps, filling in a ditch and making a dike. I was looking at buying an excavator this year to do the work because I have rented in the past and it seems like your money is wasted because of the high cost for a little work. I was looking to buy a used excavator around here to buy fix up and use then sell but I can't seem to find any cheap and I wanted to know if anyone on here knew of any close to me or in a state close by because I have a small budget and all I can find is ones 10000 and up. I do not care how it looks just that it is all there and that with some tlc could work ok again. If anyone has one or knows of any please let me know or if you think finding one cheap is a pipe dream let me know also.

Replies2
  1. #1bigcatpip2010-04-04 18:23

    might check out richie bro auction they have one that is close to you in MD

  2. #2Bigtoyman2010-04-05 22:27

    finding a deal is always a challenge Ritchie Bro. auction is a great place, I agree; I just bought a track loader in KC at Ritchie Bro. Also check out Ironplanet.com. I have found that craigslist.com can be a good source, but beware of scammers. I used to work for Zeager Bro. Mulch there in Middletown PA, they deal in some equipment and may have something available. Ask for Doug, and tell him an old friend; "bonehead" told you about them. Tom