Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

can anyone tell me what I have? Mini X

jbanderson ยท 2010-05-02 07:49

I bought this last year and im looking to sell it.. but I cant find any information it. It has been painted before and it has all japan wrighting on it. Its a 3 cylinder isuzu It says sumitomo s85ux on it but I cant find anything on it, no manuals or specs or anything at all. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1jbanderson2010-05-03 06:32

    anyone got a clue as to what model it actually is?

  2. #2hvy 1ton2010-05-03 14:41

    I don't have anything for you, but did guess it being a sumitomo, having an izuzu motor in it and all. Most of the excavators that old that are still kicking around are a lot bigger than that little guy, its function of initial cost or something. Info is going to be scarce, since it's old, small, and gray market. One thing to look into would be a similar Link-Belt model. I'm not sure how far back Link-belt excavators are connected to Sumitomo, but that might be something others can speak to.

  3. #3jbanderson2010-05-03 21:27

    thanks, i guess im pretty much screwed lol. Nobody will buy it without some info on it but I dont have any. I just know it works good and ive put 500 hours on it in the last 7 months.

  4. #4jbanderson2010-05-05 07:29

    if anyone else has any info i would apreciate it. Would there be any numbers on the block that are english so i can figure out what HP it is?

  5. #5reaper0202010-05-06 00:23

    http://www.clickindia.com/detail.php?id=3094712 http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FZX/is_n10_v64/ai_21238831/ these links might help you a bit

  6. #6reaper0202010-05-06 00:25

    In 1991, the firm entered a joint venture with Sumitomo of Japan to produce excavators. The venture ended in 1998

  7. #7reaper0202010-05-06 00:43

    http://abequipment.co.nz/cons pages/sumitomo pdfs/SH75XU-3B.pdf haven't found the 85 yet tough machine to find info on. heres specs on a 75

  8. #8jbanderson2010-05-06 10:22

    wow thanks.. iv ebeen spending about 2 hourso nt he comupter everyday and i cant even find so much as a picture of one like mine. That 75 is larger than my 85 lol. Thanks for the info though I havent found that much