Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone tell me what is most important at the time to sell parts for excavators?

Mateo20817 ยท 2012-10-29 12:54

Hello, I'm from Colombia. A few months ago with my father, I started a company that sells replacement parts for excavators. The thing is I've never worked with these things, so it is very difficult for me to sell spare parts to another. people who know the subject. So whether you do not mind can you help me on what is essential in order to sell replacement parts I already count on manuals and spare parts, but it would be of great use a little advice.

Replies2
  1. #1Mjrdude12012-10-29 13:27

    Welcome Mateo, first, I wish you and your father all the best in your new venture. I deal with parts people all the time, I can be patient with new people that are just learning the ropes, so long as they are friendly and willing to learn. Attitude is everything in dealing with grumpy ol' farts like me. Also being able to get your customers the right part on time is a huge part of the job. In construction, downtime for the machine means the production of the job is crippled, and in some cases stops altogether. So most of the time you will get calls from people that are under pressure to get things running again, and usually they are in a hurry and in a bad mood too. lol Patience on your end, asking questions if the part order is not clear, and following through on the order to make sure it is the right part and delivered on time is the key to becoming a good parts man. Knowledge of what machine you are getting parts for helps, but is not as important as what I mentioned earlier. Good luck.

  2. #2Mateo208172012-10-31 13:31

    thank you very much, I will take your advice account. I apologize