Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can pressurized for d10n

Desertwheeler ยท 2017-10-05 12:46

Does anyone know of a kit for an aftermarket pressurized for the cab? The cab has new windows and good door seals but still manages to get dirt on the wrong side of the filters. They have checked the system best they can for leaks and can't really find anything. It can get pretty bad especially since no one blows the cab out or the AC system on a regular basis. I'm trying to find some info on an aftermarket kit to help eliminate this problem. I have searched some but can't find anything specific to a d10n.

Replies10
  1. #1DMiller2017-10-05 13:55

    Will always be some dirt intrusion if AC draws from outside. The main fact is cooling the air inside makes a lower pressure as outside, as it is opened and closed(doors) it will draw dust. Nature

  2. #2JS3002017-10-05 15:35

    Awhile back I looked into cabaire pressurizers which is made by engineaire. They have several different set ups. They had some that do constant monitoring with a display. They claimed no dust.

  3. #3Cmark2017-10-05 16:58

    A few years ago I modified a D9R by installing an external pressuriser from a late model D11. Does your machine have the A/C unit on the left side of the cab just behind the door? If it does I can try and look back in my notes for some part numbers if you like.

  4. #4Desertwheeler2017-10-06 23:54

    Yes the ac is behind the door on the left side. That would be cool that way I can pass it along and see if they want to do anything or not.

  5. #5Cmark2017-10-07 04:21

    Ok. My notes tell me we bought a 1547111 pressurizer gp. We mounted it on the top of the A/C box and I seem to think we cut a hole in the top for the air flow, or maybe there was already a hole there covered by a blanking plate, not sure. I remember there was just enough room to allow the cab door to still open. I'm thinking that that is a pure recirculation type system with no fresh air inlet, but if it does have one it should be blanked off as the pressurizer has its own air filter. And that's it. Hook up the 24V to the blower motor and Bob's your aunties live-in lover.

  6. #6Nige2017-10-07 13:38

    The same Part Number ia available in the Custom Parts Manual for D10R. there is also another Part Number 232-1301 that is for later-model D10R and is the subject of a Special instruction REHS1698 for installation. The kit includes wiring harnesses, relay, etc, etc. There is also a pressure indicator that can be used to make sure the cab is actually pressurizing when all the doors are closed. What we've done on a lot of our kit is to deactivate the recirc option so that the only way the aircon can function is by sucking fresh air in from outside. The downside of that is that the external cab filter has to be top-notch and serviced regularly

  7. #7Cmark2017-10-07 16:48

    We looked at that kit but it was more than double the cost and the ROPS didn't have the appropriate bosses to bolt to. You're right about maintaining the air filter. I went out to the same machine recently and the cab was full of dust again. The operator said the blower wasn't working. I found the motor seized and the air filter can completely blocked with dust. Operator said he didn't even know there was a filter there.

  8. #8Nige2017-10-07 17:32

    Operators, don't you just love 'em...? The upside of it is that itheir incompetence keeps maintenance people in a job.

  9. #9Desertwheeler2017-10-07 23:28

    Haha yeah it never fails. I will pass that part number along. I doubt it would be too difficult to retrofit it. I have a pet peeve about clean cabs and cleaning cab filters, especially since it can be 115 outside and that AC is getting a workout.

  10. #10DMiller2017-10-08 15:41

    Won't fix stupid guys, I have beaten my head on that wall many times and all it does is leave a bruise!!