Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can protection for KX040

Andrew Lazenby · 2022-02-09 06:58

Hey folks, I’m looking to increase the cab protection on my KX040 over the standard enclosed cab for running a mulching head. I have currently welded up a grate, however I would prefer a solution that does not impede vision. I have looked at the Fecon polycarbonate shield (should fit machines from 8-30ton). my question is A. Is this the best option or are there other products that will suffice that are not 2K and B. Does anyone know of any ‘fit’ issues with this shield.

Replies2
  1. #1T320FL2022-02-09 20:46

    I bought a 4' x 4' x 1/2" square polycarbonate sheet for $325 to mount on my KX057-5 cab. Kubota wants $4000 for a metal demo cab guard. My cab has 6 or 8 threaded bolt holes specifically for mounting a protective shield from the factory. Just need to cut it to an exact fit and drill a few holes, about 40"x48".

  2. #2T320FL2022-07-06 22:47

    Finally got around to mounting the polycarbonate shield over the weekend. It is nice knowing my glass is protected although dust does stick to it in dry conditions.