I am believing this is what is failing on us. Numbers in the picture attached. Thank you
That would be a 1W-1695 transfer pump group. You can get one off eBay, or you can ask your preferred supplier if they can supply a 1W-1695 pump. 215B SA EXCAVATOR 4FC00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3304 ENGINE FUEL SYSTEM Caterpillar SIS | AVSpare.com avspare.com Fuel Transfer Pump for Caterpillar Excavator 215 225 229 235 330 350 E240 E300 | eBay Caterpillar Catarticulated Truck D250B D250E D250E II D25C D25D D300B D300D D300E D300E II D30C D350C D35C. Truck Engine 3306 3306B 3306C. Communication is the best way to solve the problem. Marine Engine 3304 3304B 3306 3306B. www.ebay.com
Thank you very much. I'll order one now. I really appreciate it
What is the reason for believing your transfer pump went out? Fuel delivery? Or fuel in crankcase? Or something else?
Fuel delivery. running for a while then dying. Sometimes It'll run longer than other times. Exact symptoms that I had about 10 years ago on the unit. We have insured all lines are clear, fuel filters are clean. In fact we have changed about a box of fuel filters on it in the last couple weeks. So I guess it's time to try the transfer pump next. Sometimes it'll run for 20 minutes and die and you have to pump the living hell out of it to get it running again. Sometimes it will go a day
Interesting. Have you tried taking the cap off the fuel tank when running? Disconnected line to transfer pump (or whatever is the lowest part of the fuel line) and verified fuel flows freely from gravity? Fished around the fuel tank with a coat hanger to see if there is a plastic bag or set of women's underwear floating around? Seriously, I swear I remember someone on this forum saying they fished out a pair of panties from a fuel tank....
Yes we have done all the above. We're no certified cat mechanics, but we have hy machines for 30 plus years. That certainly doesn't mean I know it all I'm always open to hearing what you guys have to think that's why I post here. And yes we have good fuel flowing. The pumps only about $100 so I figure it's the first stop. It's acting exactly like it did 10 15 years ago when I had this happen. So I figured I'd give this a whirl. We did all the preliminaries before the pump. And no joke, you're right about the panties. The guy that's actually operating this machine is retired from owning his own business. They had a big logging operation. Once they were logging all the way up at the tip of upper Michigan in copper harbor and they had a Big timber Jack skidder with fuel problems. And you are correct, they fished out a pair of panties! He was just tell me about it about 3 days ago
That is flat out nuts! I can't find that old post but who knows where I saw it. Great way to end a Friday...laughing out loud. Thanks!
Has this contraption been resealed? I finally tossed all of mine as they are from a world where diesel has Sulphur. There is an Oring under the center bolt and one in the flange that the bowl seals to.
I guess it would have to say no on that. Thank you. I'll check
Ref #15 & 16 are 2J-0157 O-Ring and 8H-2778 Gasket respectively.
Transfer pumps can be rebuilt. no need to replace it