Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can someone help to identify the correct name for this cylinder?

Richard Hathaway ยท 2022-05-19 18:17

So I have been dreading the rebuild for this cylinder since I have owned this hoe, but now that it broke and must be rebuilt I have gone over it in my mind and don't think it will be so bad, I don't think I even need to remove it just going to dig a hole to sit the bucket in to keep it safe from moving around and thus giving me clearance to pull the rod out. Anyway, I can't seem to find the correct name for the cylinder or the rebuild kit part number for it. I have it marked in the picture with a red arrow I have heard it called by a few different names and am not sure which is correct and the manual I have is the army one and does not even show it, it shows all others but not the one inside. Thanks in advance for any help

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632022-05-19 18:19

    I believe that is your backhoe boom lift cylinder.

  2. #2Richard Hathaway2022-05-19 18:20

    I forgot some pertinent information It is a 410D heavy lift 1996 model serial num t0410dg819318

  3. #3Mobiltech2022-05-19 18:21

    Around here we call that the boom cylinder. The one above it we call the stick cylinder.

  4. #4heymccall2022-05-19 18:25

    https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...ment/76772/referrer/navigation/pgId/387965984

  5. #5Richard Hathaway2022-05-20 19:21

    Thanks for all the info, I forgot to mention it is the heavy-lift newer type, I spent about 45 min on the phone with the parts dept at murphy today and this is what he came up with for the rebuild kits from my serial number murphy part number AH137208 BORE $180.80 RE25151 ROD $165.23 When I search those part numbers none of the adverts show it belonging to a 410D so I am wondering if he made some mistake. I see alot that show they fit a 410D with AH and RE nunmbers but none with the same numbers murphy gave.

  6. #6NH575E2022-05-20 20:15

    According to Deere parts the cylinder is AH144377 but the parts breakdown only shows individual seals and parts. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/76772/referrer/navigation/pgId/387965984 Edit: The illustration notes read, (BK) AH137208 BORE REPAIR KIT (RK) RE25151 ROD REPAIR KIT Just what your parts guy said. Ebay finds. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175221639462?hash=item28cc060926:g:gNoAAOSwiHtiJOLC and https://www.ebay.com/itm/175221631950?hash=item28cc05ebce:g:gNoAAOSwiHtiJOLC

  7. #7Richard Hathaway2022-05-21 09:51

    Thanks for the confirmation just seems strange to me that none of those ads mention fitting a 410D

  8. #8heymccall2022-05-21 10:21

    From mother Deere