Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can someone identify this bearing?

ps66x4 · 2022-09-12 19:52

Anyone seen one? Whats is this bearing called?

Replies45
  1. #1funwithfuel2022-09-12 19:55

    Thats looks like 2 double roller bearings on a common shaft.

  2. #2ps66x42022-09-12 20:14

    This is it apart.

  3. #3ps66x42022-09-12 20:16

    I looked everywhere on the net and can't find one.

  4. #4funwithfuel2022-09-12 20:16

    No numbers on the dirt seals?

  5. #5funwithfuel2022-09-12 20:20

    What are you working on? Looks like you're going to have to comb through the SKF catalog with ID, OD and length. That center groove is misleading

  6. #6ps66x42022-09-12 20:29

    Picture of what's left of the seal.

  7. #7ps66x42022-09-12 20:31

    Working on a concrete screed

  8. #8funwithfuel2022-09-12 20:35

    https://www.skf.com/us Plug in your dimensions and see what pops up. Wish I could have helped more

  9. #9Tyler d4c2022-09-12 21:46

    Looks alot like a deere water pump bearing

  10. #10Bootheal2022-09-12 21:49

    This was my first thought - an agricultural gauge wheel bearing. Our old cultivators used a version of this. Sorry for the poor quality of pic - I don’t cut and paste as well as some! this particular one is from Shoup Catalog.

  11. #11Bootheal2022-09-12 21:51

    shoupparts.com/SH25036-Double-Stem-Bearing

  12. #12ps66x42022-09-13 06:43
  13. #13ps66x42022-09-13 07:14

    I found that it's called a "integral shaft bearing". Now I have to find one with the right dimensions. I think I'll have to get a machine shop to cut the shaft and put in a hexagon hole for the drive shaft.

  14. #14Tinkerer2022-09-13 07:16

    Wouldn't the bearing be listed in the parts book or owner's manual of the screed ?

  15. #15kshansen2022-09-13 08:55

    I was thinking along the same line, seems some old in-line 71 Detroits used a set-up like that in their water pumps! Found this site with dimensions and cross-overs to other brands: https://www.imbbearing.com/integral-shaft-bearings.html And just one more link that may have more: http://peakbearings.com/catalog/WaterPumpBearings.pdf

  16. #16ps66x42022-09-13 09:34

    I found something close in Peak bearings but not a match. I couldn't log on to imbbearings. And Toro 103119 spindle bearings are a close match. Got to keep looking.

  17. #17ps66x42022-09-13 09:44

    Tha shaft is 3.750 long, 0.745 diameter The outer race is 2.125 long 1.5 diameter

  18. #18Tyler d4c2022-09-13 10:05

    The 53 series did also

  19. #19heymccall2022-09-13 12:27

    I dont see the screed manufacturer name or model number in this thread

  20. #20kshansen2022-09-13 13:57

    That info would help, huh?

  21. #21ps66x42022-09-14 07:15

    It's a Magic screed as far as I know there's only one model

  22. #22kshansen2022-09-14 08:29

    Well just from a quick check online I'm seeing several models. Just an example of the gas engine models: https://allenengineering.s3.amazonaws.com/2022-08/MAGIC SCREED Manual UpdatedCovers.pdf Looks like all those use the same shaft assembly (10026) that I'm guessing is the shaft/bearing assembly you are looking for you machine. Might be worth a call to the company or look on this site for a dealer: https://www.alleneng.com/ A quick look for dealers in Conn shows three.

  23. #23heymccall2022-09-14 08:40

    Kinda amazing how that tiny tidbit (name) can help us ..... Now that we know that it's a $350+ part, we can keep going down the rabbit hole trying to break it down. And the whole book...there are variants within.

  24. #24heymccall2022-09-14 08:42

    The pic in the first post was "borrowed" from an Ebay listing, which, ironically, is the lowest price I see.

  25. #25Coaldust2022-09-14 09:25

    This thread reminds me of that great Chevy Chase scene in the movie, Fletch. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

  26. #26Tinkerer2022-09-14 15:06

    Pricey !!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/1154586464...80496732614413&abcId=9300542&merchantid=51291

  27. #27kshansen2022-09-14 16:20

    I have a feeling that that shaft assembly/bearing is a stock item and if you can find a source for it from a bearing company it will be about half the price the screed company is asking! I'd be taking it to the nearest big city and visit some bearing supply houses. Then when you walk in the door look for the grouchiest looking grey haired guy and talk nice to him! If he has a name tag on call him by name and ask for some help.

  28. #28Tinkerer2022-09-14 17:06

    Evidently there are four different models of Magic Screeds. But, They all use the same drive shaft.

  29. #29ps66x42022-09-14 17:54

    I'm in communication with SKF and waiting on what they have to say.

  30. #30ps66x42022-09-14 18:01

    I found one 1.5"x2.125 like the one that was there, input needs a little machining and I'll have to fabricate the counter weight but the bearing is less then $50

  31. #31ps66x42022-09-14 18:03

    I would rather find an oem at reasonable cost. I won't be gauged

  32. #32ps66x42022-09-14 18:31

    Nsk885801SE Water pump bearing will work. Cut both ends to length, drill one end and broach it 1/4" hexagon. Axis 885801SE bearing is the same size just I never heard of them.

  33. #33Tinkerer2022-09-15 16:05

    I haven't either. A quick search shows them to be part of the Baart Group that is deeply involved in bearings and chains. The Axis bearing is $16.75 delivered --on ebay.

  34. #34ps66x42022-09-15 17:16

    https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600406766516/885801SE-Water-Pump-Shaft-Bearing-with.html I think this is it

  35. #35ps66x42022-09-15 17:20

    I couldn't find the Axis 885801SE on Ebay for the $16.75

  36. #36Tinkerer2022-09-15 19:19

    It has been sold since I saw it earlier today. There is still one listed unfortunately for $43.15 delivered. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=+Axis+885801SE&_sacat=0

  37. #37ps66x42022-09-16 12:52

    I found out the difference between the 885801SE and the 885801 is the 885801SE is not a tempered shaft. Which is the one I need so I can cut and drill.

  38. #38Tinkerer2022-09-16 14:12

    You need the 88580SE ? Is that correct ? I can search some more later today if you want. Right now I have to go to my shop and work on my boat.

  39. #39ps66x42022-09-16 14:27

    Thank you Tinkerer. I have one coming.

  40. #40ps66x42022-09-16 14:34

    Locate ball bearings.com. talked with them and they explained what the SE stood for. Bought from them. A little more then ebay but I'm happy with the service.

  41. #41ps66x42022-09-17 11:09

    This is what came in.

  42. #42kshansen2022-09-17 14:00

    So can you cut it to length and make it work? Looks like the left side in the picture of the old one is smaller diameter, is the shaft hard or can it be turned down to the needed diameter.

  43. #43ps66x42022-09-17 15:57

    I just went and checked it for hardness. It's definitely harder then the original. I was expecting a 885801SE and got a 885820. I'll be calling them Monday. I'm glad you asked because I was overlooking that with so much going on right now.

  44. #44ps66x42022-09-17 15:59

    The smaller diameter does not have to be, I can leave it. Needs to be cut, drilled and broached.

  45. #45kshansen2022-09-17 19:31

    Without knowing first hand about the shaft it may just be hard on the surface so might be possible to drill and broach it. Might be able to just grind a groove in the shaft where you want to cut and then cut it off. . Hope the price was cheap enough to off-set the work to make it work!