Did you ever feel like just banging your head against the wall as hard as you can? The guy helping me build the flat track seems to be onboard now but the so called president of the club could care less. There was a race scheduled for June 8/9 so I've been working every weekend for past few weeks to get the track ready. The pres. of the club even posted the race dates on their facebook page. Well the guy helping me finally heard back from the Pres. asking about posters and details for the race. The Pres. says they don't do posters anymore. He also claimed he went out to the track 3 weeks ago when parts of the city got a big dump of snow and the track was a foot under water. TOTAL BS!!! I was working on the track 3 weekends ago on my birthday and it completely missed all the snow. The pres. was informed that I had got practice insurance so we'll be able to start holding practice soon. He then said everyone needs to purchase a Flat Track Canada membership in order to practice. No, you only need a membership if your participating in a race. This was conformed by the head of Flat Track Canada. He actually gave me the name and number of an insurance company who could provide the insurance. The pres. of the local club kept saying the guy helping me was wrong and you have to have a membership. I don't want to be involved in the politics but starting a new club with people that want to ride and help grow the sport looks like it may be a much better option. This pres. is more worried about his own interests. He's a control freak and goes to a lot of races in the US and could care less about the club or anyone else. On top of all of this, it looks like a drive motor in the skid steer is leaking oil into the chain case. I did the other side a few years ago and got hosed $2600. ($500 labor estimate turned into $1300 without calling me, they didn't tighten the drive chain or the hyd. filter and I had to buy a bunch more oil after losing most of it) Maybe with the new shop I can pull it out myself and see if just new seals would fix it. My job eliminated, the race apparently off and now one of my main machines down needing what could be an expensive repair. How do you keep from going insane?
Form a new club with yourself as promoter/ sole owner so you don't have to rely on the idiots around you.
THIS^^^^^^^^