I have this on my property now to do what I am hoping will be final grading. Ive got an operator to go along with it and he says he has been running these machines with his dad since he was young. He is young ( 30 ) and I have been given no reason not to believe he is a very capable operator. Part of the job that I am paying him to do is relocate 3 shipping containers to the back left corner of the property. I plan to arrange them in a U shape and figure out a way to bolt the 3 together, then put a roof spanning the 3. My question is will the tractor lift one end of the 8000ish pound container and drag it? Im trying to prepare for worst case scenario, Ive never attempted this, know very little about this tractor and do not want to get to a situation where I cant get my containers placed cause neither of us foresaw a scenario.
[URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642421d1582416260-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-021-jpg'] [URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642422d1582416274-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-022-jpg'] [URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642423d1582416290-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-023-jpg'] [URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642424d1582416305-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-024-jpg'] [URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642425d1582416319-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-025-jpg'] [URL='https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/owning-operating/642425d1582416319-anyone-here-have-bulldozer-experience-025-jpg'] [/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL] [/URL]
We do it at work with 675 New Holland Backhoes on concrete and asphalt. It will probably lift it and move it. Get it pointed in the direction of travel first. I would put the machine on the end without doors. It is probably going to dig into that soft material if you elevate the front too much. It is going to anyway, that might be a bit of a plus as it gathers material under it, it may stop picking more up. It will add a little weight to the towed load, probably a nonissue. I would try to keep the towing end as close to ground as you are able to. We move ours as the confined area we have to work in dictates. They have been towed, pushed and lifted with nearly everything we have. Sometimes not too delicately. They are pretty hardy structures as some of ours are a little geriatric and still with us.
I would be shocked if it could not. My JD 450c track loader is rated to about 9000lb lift and that machine is a good deal larger.
Shouldn't be an issue. I've dragged our cans across our yard with our CTL. don't need to raise it that high, high just enough to drag.
If you hook it to the back of the container and chain it to the blade, lift it up a bit and back up to where you're going it should work out fine. It would probably be handy if you had some round logs or fence posts to put under the containers to get them exactly where you want them if the ground is soft to stop them from digging in, if the ground is relatively hard you should just be able gently nudge them into place with the blade.
Dragging them across hard soils would be simple with that machine.... the sand may complicate things but I think it can still be done.
I wouldn't lift with the blade unless it gets stuck and you need to lift to put logs under the sides so the floor cross members don't drag. Back up to the end you want to tow, run a chain through the drawbar from corner to corner, about 16' chain should tow fine. If it digs up sand in front of the container, re hook the chain shorter so it lifts the container more and puts more weight on the dozer.
Should manage two together, never mind one at a time.
Thanks, I let everyone know how I make it, wont be till next weekend though
That D5 should drag it like there is nothing behind. Just hook from the drawbar to both corners. Fairly short. Go behind the pin so it can self adjust when you turn. WE drug them all over the place all the time on the jobs. Often full of stuff.
The crawler is good for 30,000 line pull. Be sure your chain is heavy enough. Pull from the rear of the tractor
It will pull it. Make sure you have proper rated chain and shackles ... will become a bullet if it snaps. If you can get ballistic slings you would be in a safer spot. Not sure if they have ratings high enough
Attached Thumbnails It placed all 3 containers in less than 1 hr, didnt struggle in the least. My dozer work is done and Im sharing some pict
They need a roof over them !