I have a kx040 i bought last year. I do plumbing(new construction) and dig sewers/waters and farm. The kx040 is a great little machine. Kinda uncomfortable and bouncy back and forth. I kinda blame the short tracks. The cab is not sealed and I dont like that even though its not been an issue. The bummer is that the hydraulics bog when using tracks and boom. It has a single 25gpm pump so I assume thats the culprite. The hydraulic are incredibly smooth and responsive and quick stationary. Not a lot of complaints except the bogging, which comes into play when graveling my sewers. I fabricated a 4’ tractor bucket for graveling and I tend to travel wile graveling. Kubota came out with the -5 series on a few models. Weight wise for hauling I need to stay at 11500#. So that put me at the u48-5. Its a 1000# heavier, about 6” less dig depth, a little better reach and 31gpm flow. Same engine, and it has 1’ longer tracks and is they are a little wider. The cab seem sealed better at floor, cant see the ground from the cab. That’s option #1 upgrade. Now for the weight I’m limited and found the Takeuchi tb250. Its about a 1000# heavier, cab floor seems sealed. Here’s the weird stuff I dont get. It has longer reach by about a 1.5’, about a foot more dig depth, same size tracks as the u48 and same hp as the kx040/u48 BUT it has 40gpm flow. Break out on arm and bucket are pretty close to all 3. What would one expect with the hydro flow increase? Bigger gearing/weaker? I like the dig depth and reach, I’m sure most people would say the Takeuchi is as good as kubota if not better in reliability, right? I’m trying to find one to run but there is none around. Either machine I have to order and wait. Anyways, heres the specs. The increased hydro flow is what really intrigues me. https://takeuchi-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/TB250-2-Trifold-Web-Oct-2019.pdf https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/u48-5-brochure.pdf?sfvrsn=b9058eb2_4 And heres the specs of the machine I have https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/spec-sheets/kx040-4specs.pdf?sfvrsn=82a3e7eb_2
When you say bog: You mean that when you're walking the machine and moving the boom in and out or swinging right to left it slows dramatically? That issue wont change until you get into a much more powerful machine. My 50 HP Volvo walking fast will slow down when I work the boom - - that's just the physics of a hydraulic system under load. If it did not 'bog' like that when you first got it.... then change your fuel filters. Kubota 4 cyl diesels like clean fuel and an unimpeded fuel supply. You'd be surprised at how much difference a clean fuel filter makes. If I had to buy a new Kubota today, I would look hard at the KX 057 its a nice machine with plenty of power.
When I pull the specs on a site I use, it is showing the TB250 has 38 hp and 15.4 gpm. When I go to the Taki website it is showing 38.9 LITERS per Minute, it is not gallons. I couldn't find hp on the Taki website, maybe I just missed it.
Here is a screenshot from the brochure it’s listed in gpm it has 3 pumps like the kx057 and u55
No it’s just the nature of the hydraulics. It’s the bogging you get with equipment when flow is diverted. Machine is in excellent condition. I just looked up your machine and it looks like a single pump at 32 gpm. Wonder if the multi pump systems just flow better. I have been on yanmars with 3 pumps and they don’t seem to have same issue.
That's a big part of Yanmar's marketing. Multi-pump setup to be able to use hydraulics without slow-downs while moving. (I watch too much youtube)