Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Canadian Oil Sands

building27 ยท 2013-09-29 22:04

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if anyone is working in the oil sands? I'm a mechanic and was wondering what I would have to do to work up there, I live in NJ in usa. Not ready to pack my bags just want to hear some working feedback. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1blitz1382013-09-30 14:12

    Alco works up there. I believe that you have to have a visa work permit. Canada doesn't like Americans coming in and working, you basically need the company your going to work for sponsor you.

  2. #2alco2013-09-30 21:07

    Yep, I'm in the oilsands. If you're planning on coming to work from out of country, you will need to have a work permit. I have no idea what's involved in getting one, but there is a huge demand for mechanics, so it may not be too hard to get one.