Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

canadian spread

stumper120 ยท 2014-03-26 21:30

so the truck I just bought which is a international 2674, with a prentice ts33 mounted behind the cab is turning out to be great for my tree service work, the power and reach of the boom is awesome, it is slow but I don't mind to bad. however it has a Canadian spread on the rear and 425 floats on the front which equals a truck that does not turn, it only has a 268ish wheelbase but it takes a 2 point turn to get into most driveways, it just pushes the front tires. can I just swap the walking beams for closer units and move the bump stops?the steering stops are all the way adjusted so the steering arms are already hitting the steering boxes

Replies5
  1. #1mitch5042014-03-26 22:06

    I'm pretty sure you can, you'd also have to change the dogbones.

  2. #2DeanM2014-03-26 23:05

    Don't forget the drive shafts

  3. #3mitch5042014-03-26 23:15

    I did. :Banghead When saw somebody had posted, I thought: :"Crud, I forgot the driveshafts" Oh well, that's the beauty of HEF, between us all, we'll get him up a parts list.

  4. #4grandpa2014-03-27 06:48

    Hey Mitch.... ur age catching up with ya???

  5. #5mitch5042014-03-28 01:26

    Takes one to know one, I reckon, Granpa.