So as I'm reading the posts I like to read the "location" part and see where everyone is from. Seems there's not many Canadians? Who is from canada and where? What do ya do?
Good to know i am not the only one that has noticed that, I am from Surrey bc. and am currently going to school for my C level Welding Ticket, then plan on starting an Excavating company in the Next 3-4 years
I actually remarked to myself that I saw a few today and thought about asking if there is anyone near London Ontario. So now I've asked it on your thread because I'm sure you'll get lots of views. Hope you fellas are not too cold there.
There are More of us out Here than you think ! .....Done a little of everything and Do alot of everything it takes to Survive .....mostly anything to do with Excavations and Skid-steer Work in all shapes and sizes .... No Job Is Too Small or Too Big ...... Cheers ...
Vancouver Island, BC. The best place in the world to live, well in my humble opinion LOL Heavy Duty Mechanic specializing in heavy equipment rebuild, mostly for the forest industry.:canada
Second that about VI being best place in the world to live ww. Born here, retired here, and lived here most of the time in between. Regards d.d.
stondad- yes around 1.5hrs away. we have another location in london though. im based out of toronto on.
bc interior ( salmon arm- nice here too) mostly crunching rocks in the quarry plus some excavating etc
1.5hrs n/w of Toronto Ontario. Work for municipal roads dept. I run grader, back hoe, and tandem plow truck.
53 years on vancouver island (born on the rock) certified mechanic , also dabble in families logging biz . and yes vancouver island is the best place in the world to live . wish the ferry prices would go up , to keep everyone else away ha ha ...........
Eh also from VI but lookin for haul truck drivin job in central BC or Yukon...
From Manitoba, worked all around the southern part and worked in Alberta.
Had a foreman who used to say they should charge $600 to get over here and let people leave for free. regards d.d.
Another from the Island. I'm in Nanaimo but spend most of my working time in Alberta earthmoving.
Quebec, Dairy and grain farmer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Telkwa, BC. Wear the fox hat. Sounds like Craft and I are in competition.
I'm based in a little city called Chatham which is 1 hour east of Windsor, 1hr west of London and 1hr south of Sarnia Ontario. Own a adams grader and work for a Sewer, watermain company.
red deer alberta, public works.
North coast of B.C. Lowbed, boom truck and occasional yellow iron of various sorts.
Northern Alberta, been a self employed H D Mechanic for 35yrs, mainly farming now, still do repairing in the off season. Really enjoy these different Forums.
Hey hougie, you ever work with my parents, Dave and Linda? Been a few years since they worked there but I think they still stop in once in a while for a visit. They are up in Valleyview now.
You guys have all one person plow trucks?
770G. - where you located? I'm in innisfil.
Grader4me...... We don't have wingmen here, I couldn't imagine running with a wingman..... I like my music LOUD!!!!!! and I like being in control of everything on my truck. I can't believe back in the day they ran those old wabco's with 2 guys... That must of sucked lol DK88..... I live north of Lindsay about 15min..... In between Cambray and Cameron, if you've heard of those happening tiny villages
One day I'll get smart enough to post some pics etc but as this seems to be a bit of a gathering of clan I'd just like you all to know that I own a 1982 Patrick ARR7.
lol..if you get a chance would you post some pictures of your trucks? In the truck secton tho..just like to see what people are running in other Provinces..thanks
I'm on it Grader4me, one pic posted so far
Dunnville is about 1/2 hr south of Hamilton, ON. 1 hr west of Niagara Falls Playing around with farm drainage in my spare time.
Dunnville eh. My new foreman came from there. He's been with us since last fall.
Anyone i know? Where you at?
Toronto / GTA here providing complete water main testing and disinfection services Ontario wide. You install it and I will make it potable. I am also a licensed backflow preventer tester. Speaking of Dunnville, One of the foremen for a customer lives out that way. Works for a directional boring outfit that has red gm pick ups and western stars...
Scott Berdan is his name, just north of Lindsay...... 1.5hrs n/w of Toronto
Live in Kitchener - soon to be Guelph and work in Guelph and area. Went to school in Lindsay for Heavy Equipment, worked at a Cat dealer for 3.5 yrs and now Heavy Equipment Operator for a Landscaping company...
I here that heavy course is a real good one. I wanted to go to it out of high school, but just wasn't in the cards.
I took the operators course back in the fall of 2004....Since that time the course has changed quite a bit. When I did it there was alot more offered in the course in the way of classes...a couple yrs after i took it they revamped it, took out a few of the classes and shortened the course and raised the price. lol When I took it, it was a good course, I don't know what its like now 8 yrs later...
Lol that seems to be the way it goes. Less for more
Born on the Island ,Have been logging for the last 41 years. If it works in the woods I probably ran it at one time. Logged all the big logs, now just pulling the small ones out by the roots and loading them, but still loving it.
Not a Canadian but currently reside in South East BC
Central Alberta. Retired welder & h/d mechanic. Part time cat-skinner and truck driver when needed now.
Live in Edmonton but have some land 1 hour north that I plan on building a house on this year. Work on the rigs in the oil patch.
2nd post so I can start a new thread.
3rd post.
Hi! My name says it all as well as my location : I own a JD 350 dozer and a JD-690B excavator , I driv trucks as well
I've got family in the Victoria area, been to Vancouver once, I've got to say it was a pretty amazing city, well really both Victoria and Vancouver are. Wouldn't mind staying with them for more than a week, or two. Haven't even considered looking at the job market.
Newfie here with a engineering company in Halifax. Before that superintant from foreman from surveyor from running equipment. Not very good at running it but like it.
NS here. From a dairy farm in CB, going to COGS (taking up surveying) in the annapolis valley right now. Only run farm gear
Northeast of peterborough ont. Started driving log truck @ age 16 (1974). when logging pretty much vanished by mid '80's graduated to heavy haul throughout US & Canada:tong Last 5 yrs working for local constuction co. Still love driving, just like being home every nite. (so does my wife )
I'm an hour west of London, near Bothwell, ontario. Day job is municipal, play with a 562 on the side.
I've been living in Newfoundland for 24 years. I have a small landscaping/excavating company in Nova Scotia (just started this year!) consisting of a mini excavator (Cat 301.8), a mini backhoe (Kubota BX25), 1 ton dump truck and some other stuff. Learning lots from this site and looking forward to moving on up to bigger gear when the money is right.
Northern ab. Heavy equipment. Trucking pretty everything cool
All terrain is growing in leaps and bounds and they were landscapers
All terrain is growing a bit faster then they should lol. Dartmouth NS, licsenced heavy equip mech. Worked for Cat here and in alberta. Now running various trucks and machines as well as turning wrenches at a larger quarry in the area. (Note I didn't say largest buddy )
We seen that with trax a few years ago. They apparently are having troubles again.
hello fellow canadians. st.louis saskatchewan. running 150 cow calf operation about 600 ac grain. trucked oversize, fuel, deck, bulk, and logs.run skidsteers and loaders.twisted my fair share of wrenches....... whattever it takes to make a buck i guess.
HD mechanic from NS working in Northern Lab.
From sunny and now very cold Manitoba. We have been 34 years in housing construction and 25 years in building material sales. Now into some land development creating cottage lots for sale at the Dolly Bay Resort.
west central alberta currently...worked NE BC, Ontario and most of NW alberta and overseas in Nepal between oil and gas, agriculture and mostly forestry jobs over the last 14 years.
Not anymore, trax has gone under again. At least we never got stung this time.
IOC, tata, or LIM? For hewitt/atlantic?
Live in freelton. Mainly work in Guelph, Milton and Mississauga.
LIM and Tata. Hewatl. I put ur turbo on.
Yeah I kindve figured you did! Your about the only other person I could think of sick enough to join a forum like this! Ha!
Surrey BC, Civil utilities hoe operator. Try to do do earthmoving whenever i can
Brackendale BC here, although lately I've been living in Alberta...
Canada...Wonderfull country..I have a brother who lives there so i've been a few times...Love a chance to work there..
I'm from Vancouver Island. currently going to school for Heavy duty mechanic going to be looking for work this summer.
Sup, kids? Wrench collector and mind reader in Prince George.
Northern Alberta, making trees go from vertical to horizontal.
Born in Sudbury Ontario, short stint in Ear Falls Ontario, then back to Sudbury. Finished a couple degrees and moved down to the suburbs of Detroit. Looked at getting work in northern Ontario, but no love yet. Would love to get back to Canada unless I get an offer from Australia. Cheers. Tom.
right in the middle of Sudbury and Sault Saint Marie Ontario. i am a railroader but have bin a machine head my whole life. love this site!
I'm not in canada yet but half way through the process. Got a job lined up at Wajax Equipment in Calgary AB. Getting bored here in the uk now, reckon I sold up too early! Itching to get back on the tools and do some real work again. Simon
I work for Wajax Equipment in Mississauga Ontario, Not a bad outfit to work for eh. Just need thick skin and everlasting creativity!
Thick skin... What am I getting myself in to!!
They put a lot of pressure on everyone to get the jobs through the shop quickly. I suppose this is true of most dealerships though.
I've noticed all the dealers are having a very high turn-over rate these days. We used to see the same mechanics on dealer service trucks for 20 to 30 years......now there is a new face everytime. Somebody is not happy.
I'm from central alberta! working for them big pipelining companies digging ditchin and bitchin lol
Welcome to the "Forum" …. "Full_Throttle" ! …… there are more off us here on the side lines than you might think !!! …… Cheers !!!
Hi there, Had some good news through today so I felt I would share it: Found out today that my application to AIT was successful so can now think about the big move (following my tools, which still arent there!) to lethbridge Alberta.
this is good news?
I think so... Tell me I'm wrong?!
Headwater equipment by chance ????
Yep. Any comments?
I've dealt with them on the phone a few times, very friendly and very helpful folks!
No not really I just saw an ad for them one day in a magazine and looked at their website. Sounds and looks like a good operation they have going. I'd love some feed back on how they are to work for once you get up and running there !
Hello mate I'm English but live in Ontario (got Canadian P.R ) .... just got a job in Grande Prairie gravel crushing Dusty noisy business eh Certified at Camrose Alberta.... as a student & pedestrian there for 3 months I can honestly say its a wonderful town with warm people and everyone drives like the cops are behind them
wondering why so many awesome feeling when you get a job..... soon gonna wear off... see more of these then
So it's been a few weeks... Initial feelings are really good. Seem to look after the guys, service trucks are decked out pretty good. Think I've made a good move.
Congratulations on your pr. How long have you been here?
3 years and 4 months Canada is awesome. .... bit nippy in wintertime though 1st dodgy experience..... " Boss ; yeah when you break down don't walk 4 miles back to the ranch.... just call us on your phone" ME : "OK just fancied a walk" ... Boss ... you know thar's bears along that road eh?" Me ; "are they friendly ? I'd really like to get a selfie of me and a bear in the same shot to send to my little boy " ...... Boss ; geees your greener than I thought...... Brighter side after 4 days I can drive a water truck and the and change up and down (no clutch) and getting ok with a 420.... bit bigger then a 315 and the stereo is better.... I need a union job... hate cleaning tracks...
Wondering who's thread I'm filling up with clutter... and can I start my own and load pics to it.....
Whatever gave you the idea that union operators don't clean their own tracks? They don't clean them, they don't stay. At least around here.
I was told sooooo many things at the training school.... next thing your gonna tell me is you don't have ass wipers when u take a dump .. ** clap - clap** WIPERS !!!! Just joking.. good to hear though, I'd feel guilty and do my bit anyway.
New on the forums and i'm an operator from montreal,Qc. Mostly run dozers from jd 450 size to cat d6 and kom. d65!
A year and a half has passed... Beginning to wonder of moving to Canada was a smart thing to do? I sold up everything including the contents of my shop to persue a life over here. All for 13 months of work. Like many I'm now hunting for it. My only grace is I saw it coming and bought an old F550, call it job security... Anyway, how are you other Canadians getting on?
The dealerships are slow here in the east too! I've been lucky and am still gainfully employed. I guess we have to take the good with the bad.
Pretty new around this forum! Livin in the country out by Quesnel, BC with my bobcats and trying to make a livin buildin fence and clearing snow!
Due to the price of oil, it's pretty slow in Alberta right now. Slowest I ever remember it. My job is based on natural gas so I haven't felt the pinch directly, but my oldest son who worked in the oil patch his whole life has been out of work for at least 6 months. My second oldest also ended up out of work (more pipeline based) and he's had to re-invent himself and go into another type of work for less pay. Tough times for a lot of people. Kind of a "sign of the times", Canada is no longer the USA's #1 largest trading partner. Because of lower oil prices, Canada dropped to #2 and China has taken over top spot.
Things in the gta of Ontario are nice and steady and if not picked up over the last 2 years significantly since the recession in 09?
Big up fellas, i'm from montreal. Nice to meet so a nice comunity over here. I believe on shared values added and i invite everyone to visit and comment on my new threat which is about the use of new generation wall plastering machines. Amasing dudes this machine plasters' 200meters square of wall in an hour.
From BC but ran away to Alberta the day after I finished highschool.
Hi, I run a landscape and snow removal company in Hamilton, Ontario, mostly all sizes of bobcats, pickups with plows, and moving up to work for loaders as we been growing(sidewalk crews cut grass in the summer). I'm looking to meet up with locals who want work over the winter to run my bobcats or a pickup plow truck. I always figure if you can run heavy equipment, a bobcat in the snow is just as fun. allseasonlandscaping.ca ask for Kerri.
Hello im from northern Saskatchewan started working for farmers then skidder operator sawmill worker then mill shut down got my own busines going got couple excavators dozer bobcat.Cheers
Hi guys,Im iranian &i have 20 years experience with Buldozer D8k and R&T and i had d8R&T, I like immigrate to canada and continue my job even with Buldozer driver for other people with low salary for begin.because i very love my job and i need job offer for immigration,Please tell me my friends is this possible. Tnx
And is it in Canada, like Iran, the bulldozer has a private owner and works as a contractor for companies (hours or yards) and also driver and driver assistant are with bulldozers owner.and How much does a bulldozer d8R caterpillar cost an hour ? Thanks again guys
I am from Québec as well; spent some time in Northern Alberta until 10 years ago as heavy equipment operator.Now, i drive school buses. Regards. Max.