Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cannot store the Case 70XT loader lift arm Support Strut

hohum ยท 2024-07-16 01:27

The 3 Systems Normal laps are all green, so this does not seem to be an Interlock issue. For some reason, I can drive the skidsteer and the bucket tilt control (curl/dump) works - but the loader (boom) lift arm will not move at all because the left hand control will not budge left/right. As such, I cannot store the Support Strut because it is stuck in place. In the morning, I'll double-check all the fuses/relays. I plan on exploring the various solenoids. Is there something mechanical? Thanks in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2024-07-16 08:57

    I would check the mechanical interlock which is under the seat. If I remember correctly, there is a mechanism that locks and unlocks the controls. I replaced that on the 440 which is much the same.

  2. #2hohum2024-07-16 11:26

    Oops, I had a typo in the first line, "The 3 Systems Normal laps [lights] are all green, so this does not seem to be an Interlock issue." Do you mean the large metal tab under the seat cage that gets pushed down by a roller/rod when the restraint (lap) bar is put into operating position (down)? The large metal tab is about 10" in front of the loader valve and pushes down another metal tab that has a metal rod connected to it. If so, I don't think that's the issue because the bucket tilt (curl/dump) control works. But please, tell me more. I forgot to mention that the loader (boom) lift arm was braced up with the Support Strut for about 6 months because I started working on the machine and then had to go out of state and did not come back until now. So the bucket's been up in the air all this time!

  3. #3alrman2024-07-16 16:52

    There should be a small knob next to your right leg, which you pull to override the lift spool lock out. So the lift hydraulics should work while pulling that knob out. If that is the case, you will need to check if the solenoid for the lift spool at the loader control valve is being activated when your 3 green lights are on. The solenoid may not be recieving 12v power OR it may be open circuited & not functioning.