Have a low pro bobcat bucket and cant seem to get it hooked up to my skid . Had an older Daewoo 601 skid that I used it on . Didnt switch bucket much at all. When i did hook up it was a little pain but could do it. Sold the Daewoo and bought a new case sv250 . Well cant get the bucket to get hooked up. The lip on the bucket seems not long enough/deep enough to get the mounting hardware under it . I can get under it in the beginning and then go the level it back and it keeps poping off. Tried to many times to admit to. Tried many different angles from the loader to the bucket . Came with a tooth bucket and no problem hooking that one up . Seems like the lip is alot deeper and longer. Thought it was just me with the new machine but after a couple of months I still cant get it on . Be running skids for many years so not thnking its a rookie problem. Any info on this ?
Take some measurements if they are different cut out the what it has now and buy a new quick attach and weld it on
If the top lip is not long enough just weld some more steel on to it. Would be easier than cutting it all off and starting over.
Yea the top lip is not long enough. If you fab more steel to it, it is important that the lips fit tight over the quick attach on the machine.
I bought a used snow bucket a few years ago for my NH. It had the "standard" quik tach. However the bottom slot was a little narrower than the normal quik tach so i had to torch another quarter inch off to get my pins to snap in. Been fine every since.
Thought the lip looked alot shorter than others. Wondering why they do that or is it that fit good on bobcat machines ? Thinking about added some steel to make it longer but like KSSS said Im worried about getting a good fit to the quick attachment . Might sell and grab a new one . Bucket seems well built . Wondering who else makes good buckets . The one i got with the machine looks very well built and hd. Not sure if pricing is good from the dealers on buckets compared to other companies, like blue diamond , etc
If you already like the bucket, adding some extra steel onto the top lip would be much easier than selling it and buying a new one imo
Ya thinking about just adding some steel to it. Wonder why theres that short of a lip? guess bobcat are setup a little different than case. Doesnt make sense to me .
You have to realize that the "standard quick attach" was really everyone giving in to Bobcat's dominance and trying to steal each others business. Not everyone is or wants to be 100% compliant. For example your bucket has two upper pockets but some machines where made with one lip that runs the entire width. As I recall from an engineering standpoint the SAE standard has some gray areas and the vertical pins are difficult to design without binding in sand. ISZ
Doesn't look like any bobkitty bucket I ever saw, not that I'm an expert... probably came with one of the "almost the same" skid steers, lots of variations. Couple hours with a grinder and a welder fix the issue.
Yes, that's a real old Bobcat brand bucket. I recognize the top castings. I bought one for cheap to run on my TR320, but it sat a couple of inches high in the back with the arms all the way down on the stops (smallest pucks) so I sold it. The one I had was a tooth bucket. Only used it on one job but I pried out a bunch of rocks with it and never popped it off the Case quick attach. I'd think you could weld up tabs to make it fit.
Ya I was pretty sure it was an older bobcat bucket. Bought it 6 years ago and it was hardly used. Just using it to load salt with it . Its a 74 smooth low pro bucket . Ya just going to add some steel to the lip . Still dont get why they made it that way. Used it on a bobcat and its still a pain to hook up . Now I have a case and its impossible , Thanks for the advice. Are the buckets that everybody makes know all work fine on quick attach or are there still some out there that are different . Going to be buying some in the future .
I had a bad experience with high rock skid steer...actually two bad experiences. They sent me a 4n1 that was a rattletrap on the quick attach...the replacement bucket they sent was worse. Neither bucket fit my tractor quick attach either. I think high rock also makes buckets for wildkat and a few of the other bottom feeders. Unless the bucket were a Bradco or other name brand, I'd be pretty leery of anything online that I couldn't actually fit-check on my machine.
When you go to buy buckets, I would try and purchase the Bradco buckets. There are several OEMs that rebrand that bucket as their own. They fit well and are durable. I am sure there are other good buckets as well but you cant go wrong with a Bradco in my opinion.
When I bought my case from the dealer came with a 84 lp bucket . Pretty sure its a bradco . Called dealer and asked about pricing for a quick attach plate and another attachment and they were all Bradco brand . Said case didnt make any attachments .KSSS, seeing u use case , wondering what size bucket u think would work well on a sv250 . When I bought it they were suppose to give me a 74' but they gave me an 84 instead. I took it anyway for the pricing was the same . Going to use it on a ctl in the future just didnt want to give it back to them for the price savings. Not sure how much . Thinking the 74 is the way to go . Salesman said u want something that is equal size width to the overall machine width for digging. Im sure its doesnt matter to much when using for light material handling.
Wildkat Attachments Wildkat Attachments are made in Denton, NC by Mid-State Equipment. Not by anyone else.
Digging up old threads just brings negative comments out in the open again. Ya ever hear of "Let sleeping dogs lie"? Food for thought. So here's your rock bucket http://www.wildkatattachments.com/rock-bucket.html . Here's High Rock's http://www.highrockskidsteerattachments.com/rock-bucket-for-skid-steer.html . Same bucket. You can compare most anything else on either site with the same results. So either you're selling buckets made by High Rock or they're selling buckets made by you. Either way they're sub-standard...in my opinion of course.
Nicely said. We need a "Like button" on this here site.