Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Carolina Attachments brush cutter

69zfarmer ยท 2020-03-23 18:20

I just bought a extreme duty 72" CA brushcutter. It has the 3 blades sandwiched between 2- 3/8" thick plates. It is built heavy enough but the bolts that hold the 3 blades are actually welded to the bottom blade carrier. The nuts that hold the bolts are locked down in a hex on top blade carrier and cannot be turned. The only way to get the bolts out is to take a cut off wheel and cut the welds off and then turn bolts out. I dont like this design. The blades are made to cut in either direction without turning them over. The Radial Piston hydraulic motor will not reverse. It has a case drain. Are these style motors designed to reverse directions? I even tried to swap the hydraulic hoses with no luck.

Replies4
  1. #1Tones2020-03-23 19:05

    In the first pic it shows the hoses connected by what could a pressure relief valve so oil won't flow in reverse if you changed at the machine. Try changing the hoses on the motor and see if that works.

  2. #2Tones2020-03-24 19:25

    Any luck???????????????????????

  3. #369zfarmer2020-03-24 19:42

    You are probably right. I called the factory and that is what they told me to reverse lines at motor. I have not tried it yet. Only problem is when I reverse it the mulching teeth between the blades will be pointing the wrong way. I will reverse it at some point since the blades are gonna be such a job to remove.

  4. #4Mark132020-03-28 15:07

    My CID cutter is the same way, when I changed blades I cut the welds off around the heads of the bolts and then backed them out with an impact. To change the direction of the cutter I flip the hoses and the pressure relief right before the hyd motor on the cutter.