Whats kind of sign or noise will you here ? Can you wiggle it around and see play between the drive line and the bearing ? Ive picked up a can't explain the sound but its when you are accelerating empty and loaded and its not worse loaded or unloaded.
Did you grease it and is there any play in it?
Normally there are no grease zerks or other provisions for a carrier bearing. They are sealed and when they go, replace them. The first indication that one is going bad is a small vibration noticed in a pull. That will become worse as the wear gets worse. Usually the rubber dampner surrounding the bearing will be the first thing to go. If you can move the drive shaft up and down in the rubber with out very much force, replace the bearing assy. I had one that I ignored once while I was moving a D-9 into a mine site in south central Co. Before I got there with the load the rubber had started to come apart in pieces. The drive shaft would find center at about 45 MPH, so after unloading I tried to average 45MPH all the way to Grand Junction. There was no rubber left and the hanger surrounding the rubber was wearing thin but I made it, purchased and installed a new assy, and was on my way. That was back in '78. I've carried a spare with me (actually 2 spares) since that time. Hope this helps.
I got under it this morning and I believe it is the bearing on the ring gear / drive pinion shaft at the power divider. There is play in it up and down. There shouldn't be any play to speak of ?
When I saw the noise was only on accel I was afraid thats what it was. There should be no play up and down or side to side. If you fix it now It might not be bad, If you let it ride it will be. Good luck, Mitch