I recently purchased a 1085 that has the foot swing and foot bucket controls. I want to change the pattern to the I.S.O. excavator pattern and it is possible according to the service and operators manual. The manuals give no information as to how to accomplish this other than to contact your dealer, after some time underneath it, it looks like all a person has to do is swap around the linkages accordingly. Looks quite simple in my opinion, there should be no changing of hydraulic hoses or having to adjust any pressure. Am I right or wrong?, and if I am, can someone please point me in the right direction.
Yes it is just a matter of moving the bellcranks and linkage under the cab. 20 years ago I had the blueprints for all the different patterns for this machine. You have to move the bellcranks right or left on the shafts and then have then going the right direction forward and rearward. I can look Monday and see if i still have the blueprints and let you know.
Thanks Goose, I would love to have the blue prints if you don't mind and can find them. I assumed that by pulling the roll pins on the actuator and unhooking the connecting rods from the valves I could slide the linkages left or right to the valve I wanted it to actuate. I just hate to assume anything and would rather ask first.
For what it's worth: I drew up a diagram of the orientation of the linkages and successfully changed the pattern. So if anyone decides to do the same I have the information should you need it. I have roughly 8 hrs. of labor invested in this swap with simple tools, some wrenches, pliers, punches, and an air operated palm nailer for driving out the roll pins (not enough room to swing a hammer underneath the cab).