Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1085c dies when using turntable cw only

grvlpt ยท 2020-12-22 17:46

everything else functions, but when the joystick is moved right, the engine dies. After restarting, moving the control ever so slowly to the right allows movement without engine suddenly quitting.

Replies4
  1. #1just-a-mechanic2020-12-24 07:03

    Did the turn table bearings have any play or sound to them suggesting they were about to go bad? has any work been completed on the swing motor? have you done any troubleshooting yourself so far?

  2. #2grvlpt2020-12-24 07:49

    I hear no bearing noise altho the turntabe seems a bit "loose" w/o the swing brake on. No work on the swing motor. I have noticed significant looseness in the joystick and yesterday it worked ok. I suspect crossed hydraulic signals from the joystick. thanks

  3. #3kith2020-12-25 17:22

    Check the electric swivel. You could have a loose wire,bad brush or just dirty.

  4. #4grvlpt2020-12-26 07:18

    Good idea. Never done that before but I have the service manual.