I need a replacement part number or specs of the hydraulic cylinder repair kit for my 1150 Case dozer. Case part number is D30138, but case no longer stocks it. It is supposed to be available by individual part numbers. However it's over $200 for the parts. It is a 3 X 331/2 cylinder. Has anyone found a replacement number.?? I have attached the part page Thanks
Try Messick's: http://www.messicks.com/partdetail/D30138.aspx You still have to order all the pieces but it looks like it a bit cheaper than $200? Otherwise try your local hydraulic seal or repair shop, stuff should be pretty common, though not much "Packing" used these days.
I called Messick's and the parts man said I would be better off finding a replacement cylinder as he started adding up the parts for one and it was $265 at the new prices.
Take it apart, go to your local hydraulic repair shop and they will match it up for you. They may not have everything in stock but they can order it. And I am sure it will be considerably cheaper than Case.
Yes, I know, I have rebuilt many that way. We have a Sealco outlet in OKC. However, with the traffic and the distance, It kills 4 hours by the time I leave and get back. The shipping is less than the fuel to make a trip. If I can find an aftermarket part number, I can get the kit for nearly the same price. Chevron packings are not cheap any more. There was an online seal company, that was fairly reasonable.
1150 b c d?
Just a plain old 1150
Here's a little secret. Almost all the hydraulic shops use bulldog outta south Florida to get seal kits. No need to pay dealer prices. If you are carful taking it apart you can change the seals. Check for the little set screw. I've seen a pile of cylinders destroyed because these were overlooked.
This may or may not help , but there is a supplier on ebay that has dozens of seals listed. They claim if its not listed to call and ask or message them. As to what quality I can't say. I believe this may be the same place dozerstuff is talking about.
The catalogs don't list an angle cylinder for a straight 1150
I need to verify the rod size on that cylinder. Funny thing you should mention Bulldog. I just received the seal kits for the lift and tilt cylinders from Bulldog. The parts book lists that cy linder as 3in dia with a 1.5 in rod. The seal kits for the 1150B & C list the cylinder as 3 in by 1.75 rod. The last one was taken apart by a part time employee, and I got busy with other things instead of getting the parts immediately. The cylinder barrel got wet and rusted inside. I need to make an extension for my cylinder hone to try to polish the barrel. I have 2 of these dozers. One has some problems, it dumps the oil out of the torque convertor when it is running. The one I am trying to use runs fine, just has cylinder problems, and wiring problems. The cylinders are junk on both..