Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150B restoration/returning to duty

Yellowironfan ยท 2023-07-13 11:55

Hi I am new to the forum. I am restoring a (approximately 1973) Case 1150B dozer I purchased used and abused. Looking for any members that have a working knowledge of these early dozers with torsion bar suspension, which I am in the process of eliminating. Or anyone willing to share their experience with these Case dozers.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-07-13 18:05

    I don't if you can eliminate the torsion bar suspension. The most common repair for it is to get the machine level and weld steel blocks in it.

  2. #2Yellowironfan2023-07-17 17:51

    Thanks for the reply. I am well on my way redesigning the suspension to be similar to the 1155B tracked loader. I have been looking at rock guards as well which this dozer doesn't have. There are companies out there that sell aftermarket rock guards with all the hardware. I noticed the earlier version of this dozer also had a sprocket guard bolted to the final drive housing, which appears that the later versions discontinued using. I was wondering why Case eliminated these sprocket guards. Here in New England we have a tons of rocks in the soil.