Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1150e lgp

mack21b ยท 2015-12-01 09:35

New to the forum. Really have enjoyed reading and learning on the forums. Have a case 1150e that I had problems with the unit going into gear. I had a company out of Longview texas come in and change out the control body. Dozer worked and operated like a new one for about an hour then just stopped moving. The company came back out and said it was the hydraulic pump. Replaced the pump and still the dozer will just creep forward and backward about ten feet each way. Company came back out and said transmission. I don't trust them now. Any ideas on what may be the issue. Does anyone know a good mechanic close to Gilme tx 75644

Replies7
  1. #1Shimmy12015-12-01 11:33

    First, you're going to want to look under floorboards and see if driveshaft is spinning. If it's not spinning at or close to engine speed, the problem is with the torque converter. We had a 1150C, you could see the driveshaft through the door where you check tranny oil. It should be under your right foot when sitting in seat. If shaft is spinning, then the problem is trans related.

  2. #2alrman2015-12-01 16:43

    Welcome to HEF mack21b! My gut feeling is that there would still be an issue with the control valve. Did they tell you what they found when they repaired it? The gaskets need a little sealant on them to ensure they don't blow out. You can often hear a buzzing sound (oil hemorrhage ) around the valve area if this is the issue. There is a small diameter spring located behind one of the triangular plates, at the rear of the valve - modulating orifice - make sure it is OK :thumbsup

  3. #3mack21b2015-12-01 18:28

    thanks thanks for the replies, I will check that out this week end and post what i find.

  4. #4mack21b2015-12-01 18:30

    They replaced it with a new one or they said it was new $ 5500.00

  5. #5alrman2015-12-01 22:37

    I've repaired these things for 35yrs & never seen a control valve replaced..... swapped with another maybe, but never replaced.....

  6. #6mack21b2015-12-02 18:23

    Thanks for the heads up. Im definitely not a mechanic that's why im on here. I think the ones I used were just good at replacing things and not good at diagnosing the problem. It definitely makes since that it may be that control valve. Im hoping so. I think I could repair or fix that.

  7. #7Shimmy12015-12-02 20:14

    You NEED to diagnose it and make certain it's a transmission problem and not the torque converter.