Hi all, new here. I’ve got an 1150G Case dozer and when it gets up, I begin to lose drive on one track. It also lags changing from forward to reverse and back. Could it be a charge pump, or something more serious. When the machine temps are cool, it runs perfect, and all temps stay in the safe operating range.
Serial number is always appreciated. Welcome to the forum. I haven't ever worked on a g model. I know that the early h model had a lot of transmission issues. So I wonder if the late g models and early h models used the same trans. On my island, the case dealer told me that only 2 of the 1150 h models sold here were running on their original trans. And those two had a different failure than all of the others that were replaced under warranty. I can't seem to remember what the issue was that took most of them out. I only had to deal with the other two. I think it had something to do with bearing clearance on the first gear shaft. But I usually cruise this forum after work with a glass of bourbon. Both of the ones I dealt with were constantly wearing out Teflon seals in the end caps. But, ultimately, the main problem was in the valve body on the top of the transmission. Oil was bypassing the valve spools and dropping back into the case. So there wasn't enough pressure to engage the clutches for left/right track or forward/ reverse when the machine got up to operating temperature and the oil thinned out. The control valve for the ones I dealt with were a little spendy in my opinion. About $1500 if I remember right. The kicker is that case discontinued that part because they knew it was a problem. The replacement part cost around $13,000. I ended up sending the control valves to a company in Pennsylvania called hard chrome specialists . They repaired the valve clearance problem for about $2300 and as far as I know both machines are back in the dirt. I don't know if any of this is helpful to you. Because I don't know if we are talking about the same transmission. You do need to check your charge pressure and probably need to start with basic things like cutting open the trans filter to look for debris. On the plus side: I have replied. And that puts you higher on the recent posts list. Also, maybe this thread will help someone with an 1150 H transmission problem. Now.... Another glass of bourbon.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll start digging through my books and get a parts image in my head.
Welcome to HEF @Jimmycrackedcorn I also have replaced quite a few of those teflon seal rings that have worn. You need to ascertain whether the delay is actually FWD/REV or HI/LOW to know which end caps to remove & check. These seals are difficult to deal with, as they need to be stretched to fit onto the shaft & then you need to wait a while for them to retract, while working them back into shape/size to allow the end cap to go back on without damaging them. I had a nylon sleeve made up, the same size as the end caps, to use to slowly work the seals back into the shaft grooves. FWD/REV are the two upper rear end caps & HI/LOW the front ones. I have had to change the 3 seals at HI/LOW range at the PTO mainshaft as well - they are different part numbers to the other seals.
Airman, I had to replace all of the Teflon seal rings on a Grove RT620S air swivel once (there were a lot of them), and after they were stretched to go down over the spool, I used a piston ring compressor on them overnight to get them down to the necessary size to fit the outer spool barrel down over them.
Fellas, I’m getting ready to dive into the 1150G, I initially thought airman was referring to the trans control valve as the seal issue, I did find a new deal kit (it’s discontinued by Case but I found one at a dealer in Nebraska) and will replace those, but now I’m thinking you guys are talking about Teflon seals inside the actual transmission main shafts. Could I get some clarification on that? Thanks in advance.