Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150H brake adjustment location?

silverstr8p · 2025-07-03 00:45

When I press the turn brakes, the clutches disengage, but then it's a long throw until the brakes catch, and they grab pretty good. Where do I adjust this? There seems to be some hydraulics on the other side of the firewall from the pedals, is there somewhere else I should be looking? Predictable brakes would be good.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-07-05 21:36

    All of your adjustments are at the pedals. You'll need to have the service manual to follow the procedure to adjust them. There is a pin that sticks out from the brake housings under the floor board you need to see how far that pin is sticking out it lets you know how much the brake disc are worn.

  2. #2silverstr8p2025-07-05 23:52

    Thanks, I'll try to track down the book. How impossible is it to replace brake discs?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2025-07-06 07:06

    It’s a pain for sure but can be done.