Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150H radiator cap

silverstr8p ยท 2024-05-06 15:22

I fixed a crack in the reservoir, but now I can't find my cap. Is that just a screw on cap about 2" in diameter, or is a pressurized one so I need to get a special replacement? I think that little bottle is the only way to put water in the radiator, or is there another cap somewhere?

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-06 21:53

    There is a cap on top of the radiator and it regulates the pressure. The radiator stays full all the time, unless the recovery tank level drops tooo low.

  2. #2silverstr8p2024-05-07 00:07

    Yep, I found the actual radiator cap, you have to unbolt the steel screen in front of the radiator and lean it forward to get to it. I saw a 2" cap that was for GM, I wonder if that would fit on the reservoir?