Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 125b Wont move or swing

Vdubluv82 · 2024-10-24 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm Hodge I found your forum trying to fix my excavator and saw lots of knowledge and people helping each other and thought y'all might be a good place to see if someone here might have an idea on whats going on with my machine. little back story.... I bought this machine to start a small land clearing project and company. I'm a veteran and had a small project to do, and so did a few neighbors and friends but got some crazy quotes. So I did what every Marine would do and bought his own machine that was waayyyyy over sized lmao. With the intent of leasing it/ keeping it working to help other veterans stay employed doing jobs for other veterans who couldn't afford the prices we were getting quoted. Part of this involved hiring a Veteran to move it..... I already knew the machine tracked a bit weak and told him this multiple times. He told me he wanted to side load it on his trailer, i told him he could try once or twice and if it wouldn't work he needed to load it properly. (Now is a good time to mention I was a heavy hauler for the Marine Corps and hauled over 3 million pounds overseas alone in heavy equipment, so im not a stranger to this and how its done.) well he slid my machine off his trailer 4-6 times, kicked my tracks off, did a bunch of other damage and almost killed my self and the seller before i finally kicked him off the property (before people ask why i didn't do it sooner, he out weighed me by 200 lbs and i was trying to be patent with him, They out numbered me 2-1, until someone else arrived to back me up) so moving on from the back story the problems i;m having now that its on the property.... I was able to pay the seller to get the machine back together to have someone else transport it the 3 hours to my property. But now the issue is, it feels like the brakes are always stuck on and while trying to fix that i have lost the swing. It is a complete farm machine and has a cummins swap in it, so some of the wiring is a little weird. it want to bog constantly but i know the motor makes plenty of power. when i test drove the machine it was great. it would lift its self straight up no issue, tracked fine and moved with out bogging. it needs the fluid changed, it looks like milk, but i just cant for the life of me figure out whats happened. I have all the service manuals and the main fuse for the brakes and swing does NOT have power, my power probe sense a fault in the circuit but im also not use to 24v

Replies11
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-10-24 23:31

    Hey welcome to HEF it's been a loooong min. sense I've worked on one of these old dogs. It does sound like there is an electrical issue. Have you checked the pressures yet. You will have to find the special fittings for doing that be sure and follow the procedure outlined in service manual. Treat the 24v just like 12v find a good ground and test all points. Previous owner may have missed something when they put it back together. How did you fare in the storm that went through? I hope you and your family are safe.

  2. #2Vdubluv822024-10-25 09:05

    I have not been able to throw any pressure gauges on it yet. I can hear what I believe is a pilot line? Kicking when I try to rotate, moving around like it has pressure. Yesterday I was able to find the main circuit that controls the brakes and everything didn't have power at the fuse, so I jumped it, and still had nothing. There was also a relay that seems to have been wired in that did not have power so I energized it as well and it did nothing. These are the things leaving me at a loss. I have a buddy that know a bit more about these than I do and he swears it's going to move again with new oil.... I just don't see throwing $800 at it and it magically moves again. It got to where it's at with the oil in it, it should do something

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2024-10-25 09:26

    Yeah I don’t think oil is the problem. There has to be an electrical issue somewhere.

  4. #4Simon C2024-10-25 11:50

    Wonder if the rotator swivel is by passing and no function of tracks. If it got slowly worse, it might be worth looking into. have not seen the electrical, may need a lot of clean up and repair. Simon C

  5. #5skyking12024-10-25 13:50

    Since this is serving as your intro thread, welcome aboard! Sorry about that horror story of an equipment hauler, I have some side loading stories for another time. I think you are onto the right path with electrical being your swing problem, and probably your travel and bogging down problems. I have no specific experience to back that up, but If the pump(s) defaults to high volume then the tracks won't get started nicely and it will be bog city on all functions.

  6. #6Vdubluv822024-11-04 13:22

    so i guess i should add, I can curl the bucket and boom fine, little hesitation and bog but not much. When the machine arrived it would barley track, brakes stuck on and had to use the boom and bucket to get it going then it would track (did not do this when test drove it.) After poking and prodding a bit we lost all tracks and swing, and now i cant get it back.

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2024-11-04 15:27

    I ran across an old thread dated April 16 2016 talking about pressure checks on a 125B you may want to take a look at it. The member who posted it is Tufflogging.

  8. #8Vdubluv822024-11-05 12:02

    I tried searching that name and didn't get anything, do you have the link?

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2024-11-05 14:55

    I'll see if I can find it again. I did a search here on HEF for Case 125B excavator and found several. One thing is when you start to do the hydraulic test do them all from start to finish.

  10. #10Christine H2025-11-14 16:11

    Same situation, case b125 in the middle of the road, can't get the pedals to work to move the tracks to move the machine off the road. Anyone has any suggestions id appreciate the help

  11. #11Christine H2025-11-17 03:00

    I have the very same issue! If you found a solution - please share. My case 125B is literally - stuck in the middle of the road