Hi guys I've got a case 130E series excavator I've had it since new and put 2000hrs on it problem is it is terrible for grading bucket bounces everywhere I'm an experienced operator and never had this problem on my old volvo,I've tried every setting on rev range ,also tried altering the custom balance but it's still the same ,old volvo was miles better than this case in every way,any ideas of what to do to cure this problem
Has it been this way from the start? Look in pump room somewhere below pump should be a pilot control accumulator, looks like a mini hot-air balloon screwed in to a valve block. Diaphragm in it could have failed. you can test it with a gauge. The 2 case machines I operated were fast and powerful but lacked control, it’s like case purposely forgo smoothness for speed. Volvo are very smooth machines, a pleasure to operate, maybe your expectations are too high.
Good day and welcome Your comments raise a smile from me, having spent many hours on the same compliant with the Volvo product. My I suggest the following: when grading observe if when raising the boom the issue becomes prevalent. Make the same observation with Arm in. Both Boom and arm have duel valves which connect both of the working pumps. When these connect it is at that point control becomes difficult. By running those checks come back I will suggest some action to improve the grading control. The Case machine has a cushion device normally I do not hear of the problem with that product. Keep in mind I only have the previous series hydraulic schematic, if you have E series please post it Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the reply, yes its an E series 130 it seems its on boom up as I pull in to grade its terrible its not helped by the engine reving up if you put it in lifting mode its a little better I hate this case machine it feels cheap no where near as good a quality product as volvo I take pride in my grading with tip of bucket but this case its impossible my boss says its me but other drivers have had a go and said its the machine is there anything you can suggest to solve this issue, oh and she's fitted with an engcon but no priority valve
Good day Colin I suggest we check out the cushion device first see if it is working correctly, I have discounted the electrical signal as you have not mentioned any error codes. See attached. (Where on the island are U) Kind regards Uffex
Hi Uffex I'm in Lancaster uk ,machine should still be under warranty ,if I can arm myself with a bit of info I can maybe get our fitter to look or get case dealer out I don't want dealer to charge if they find nothing wrong as boss wouldn't be best pleased appreciate all the help and advice
Good day I understand your situation, a simple fix you may be able to talk your mechanic into is to simply plug the secondary boom pilot. It's simple to do, will result in a slightly slower boom raise but may well solve the issue. If you would like pictorial instructions, I can make them for you. The method is one of many I have used it will not cause any damage and requires only two small plugs. Kind regards Uffex
If you don't mind it would be great to have pictures I can then speak to our fitter and see if he'll have a look we have a 225 D series and it's fine,I complained so much about this machine last year that 9 engineers from case Japan and Europe came and asked me why I don't like this machine and how they could make a better machine I'm just frustrated with this case,once again thank you for your help and time Regards colin
Good day Colin Not sure if the switch is a feature of the E series, but be sure to try it first, illustrated the small hose to disconnect. If this resolves the issue we can address the slower boom after if it is an issue. Kind regards Uffex