Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1370 tractor with a Westendorf loader

Sportsman1121 · 2024-07-25 14:47

Hi, I have a Case 1370 tractor with a Westendorf loader when i tilt the bucket all the way back it locks up and won't tilt down until i bleed the hydraulic line off what would be my issue?

Replies11
  1. #1JaredV2024-07-25 20:41

    Where are you bleeding the pressure off?Might be a flap of rubber on the inside of a hose is acting like a check valve between where you're bleeding and the valve.

  2. #2Sportsman11212024-07-25 21:33

    I have been disconnecting the return hose from the coupler and taking the coupler loose to bleed the line. It’s under pressure when I take it loose.

  3. #356wrench2024-07-26 09:21

    I’ve seen couplers go bad and hydrolock in one direction.

  4. #4Sportsman11212024-07-26 09:39

    I changed the coupler and put a new one on and still get same results

  5. #5JaredV2024-07-26 11:25

    Did you change both halves of the coupler? Are there any lines on the other side of the coupler to bleed from?

  6. #6Sportsman11212024-07-26 11:29

    Yes changed both ends on the coupler also switched them to the other 2 on the tractor which run the up and down still the same results. I was wondering if the seals in the cylinder would cause my issue if they are blown out?

  7. #7Sportsman11212024-07-26 11:30

    No other bleed spots unless I unhook from the cylinder. Sorry forgot to add that part.

  8. #8JaredV2024-07-26 11:35

    It only does it if you roll the bucket all the way back? If you stop just before that it doesn't do it?

  9. #9Sportsman11212024-07-26 11:36

    Yes that’s correct.

  10. #10JaredV2024-07-26 12:56

    Sounds like might be something going on in the cylinder? A friend has a Westendorf loader that had a cylinder chew itself up inside and sent the junk into the tractor which makes me wonder if they used cheap cylinders. Might be a good idea to look inside unless someone else has a better idea.

  11. #11Sportsman11212024-07-26 12:58

    Kinda what I was thinking also.