Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1450B

D6B_dude ยท 2010-10-10 17:45

Hello. I am considering to buy a Case 1450B, 1984 model. Does anyone have experience with this? Anything special I should check before I buy?

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2010-10-11 21:57

    The 1450B were good machines, engine at 140 hp, 504 engine w/turbo, hrs will be the issue and parts , this machine has not been made in awhile. the machine works well, and you have to watch for leaks, have seen some leak new and some go 5000hrs + with no leaks, blade bushings, equalizer beam,track system,all ranges and gears shift, trans pressure,engine blowby,final drives (planetaries) are the things you need to look at, if you have a dealer they may have some service files on this s/n machine to give you a idea of it's history, carry your own independant mechanic, run it for an hour hard, does it heat/trans/engine/hyd, does it lose trans/ engine oil pressure, i like to have it on a site to run it in before i would buy.

  2. #2gggraham2010-10-11 22:01

    Those machines were pretty decent, rock solid transmission in them. I'd run it up to temp something most people don't do. Do a stall with hydraulics and transmission, make sure it pushes when up to temp and that it has good hydraulic function when hot. Track slowly forward and listen for clicking in the final drives. A steady clicking every few seconds in one revolution of sprocket could mean a bad pinion gear. A click once every revolution of sprocket is a tooth off a bull gear. Don't be afraid to put it through its paces. The 504 engine is a bit tough to get parts for make sure it's running good, does it smoke bad under load? Check the engine oil before and after running they are wet sleeve, any sign of milky oil could mean bad sleeve o rings.

  3. #3D6B_dude2010-10-13 17:35

    Hello. Thanks for the tips on the machine. I will try to test run the machine properly before winter. Maybe I can get some pictures that I can upload to the thread. The machine is not pretty to look at after some children have been playing with it and smashed windows. The machine has some leaks in the hydraulics, and the alternator is broken

  4. #4D6B_dude2010-10-14 14:36

    Some pictures

  5. #5rodnocker2010-10-30 10:06

    Ill say this i have just purchased a 1980 1450 , if the trans pressure is not up in the green you better , start saving for a transmission.. and my mech. said it is going to cost me about 10k for that on mine... so just watch and look good also check to see if they put grade8 bolts on the lower rollers.....