Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1494 fan belt replacement

jdch ยท 2024-05-07 14:20

Hello, I have a Case 1494 tractor that just lost its fan belt. After looking at the tractor it appears that I have to remove the hydraulic pump to install a new belt. Does anyone know if this is true or is there an easier way? I have the service manual but it does not discus this. ty

Replies5
  1. #1John Shipp2024-05-08 03:19

    Got a vague memory of doing similar on something (used to run a 1594), does the drive to the pump have a bolted section or a rubber drive coupling? Seem to recall creating a gap in the drive and squeezing the belt through...

  2. #2jdch2024-05-08 06:41

    It has a bolted section that appears to be one piece through the hydraulic pump. I have tried to separate but there has been no movement ty

  3. #3John Shipp2024-05-08 06:45

    If you poke a light in there and get a photo, it might spark off a better memory

  4. #4jdch2024-05-09 08:14

    sorry I will do that today when I get home. ty

  5. #5Joe H2024-05-09 12:29

    If it's a V-belt you can replace it with a link belt without removing the pump. Serpentine, no. Joe H