Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 170 excavator swing motor leaking

cory mays ยท 2021-01-17 06:59

Ok I have been looking online trying to find info on one of the swing motors on a case 170 excavator. I have a leak and want to find parts diagram or any info I can find on the swing motor before I rip it out of the machine. It looks like I will have to take the whole thing out to work on it. Its leaking were it splits in two pieces but I dont think I can get to a couple of the allen head bolts to take it apart in the machine which I would rather do it this way than take the whole thing out. I attached a pic of the top with a number on it but I can not find anything on it. Hoping someone here can help find any info on it. Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632021-01-17 07:46

    Post more pics and some of the entire unit.

  2. #2cory mays2021-01-17 07:58

    Ok won't be able to do that till next weekend when I can get back to the property its on.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2021-01-18 09:32

    Hey Cory welcome to HEF first off. Along with pic of machine post a pic of VIN plate or at least VIN.

  4. #4cory mays2021-01-18 09:57

    I'll have to located the vin. Where would the vin be?

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2021-01-18 13:23

    Case excavators usually have vin plate on right hand front corner of cab or inside cab depending on manufacture. Alternate location is on frame between boom cylinders.