Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1737 variable drive question

Paul M ยท 2020-02-29 10:12

I recently picked up a Case 1737. It had a few issues but I have taken care of most of them. One of them is that I am still not sure of is the variable drive. It was turned into a fixed speed by the previous owner when the couple broke. I bought a new couple as well as rebuilt the piston inside the variable drive pulley. I understand pulling back on the speed lever opens the pulley and pushing forward tightens the pulley. The issue is that the only time I can open the pulley is when the engine speed is brought down to about half. If I crank the speed of the engine up the variable drive pulley tightens up on it's own and I cannot back it off. Is this normal or do I some type of seal in the control that is letting fluid by to push the variable pulley tight?

Replies0

No replies yet.